The Student Room Group

MSc Application - Offers on UCAS and direct?

Does anyone know how it works if you're applying for an MSc and have offers from universities on UCAS and universities you applied to direct?
I'm waiting to hear back from my first choice university, which I applied to directly, but have offers from universities on UCAS too. If I confirmed one of the UCAS offers, would the university I applied to directly be notified? And if I get an offer from the university I applied to directly, and I confirm it, do I cancel my UCAS myself?
Original post by saffronmae
I'm waiting to hear back from my first choice university, which I applied to directly, but have offers from universities on UCAS too. If I confirmed one of the UCAS offers, would the university I applied to directly be notified?

No, the direct uni only knows what course(s) you have applied to with them, nothing about your UCAS applications. They won't be notified of anything going on within UCAS.
Original post by saffronmae
And if I get an offer from the university I applied to directly, and I confirm it, do I cancel my UCAS myself?

Yes, you would normally either amend your offer reply on UCAS to Declined, or contact the uni directly to confirm that you are withdrawing from the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending