The Student Room Group

Student Finance Proof of unearned income.

My application was approved some time ago however, the page still insists i need to upload my supporting documents. The document in question would be a bank statement to prove that I have unearned interest every month from a normal savings bank account. However, the website will not allow me to upload any new documents (as is evident in the images I will post below). When I contacted SFE before I was told to post a paper statement to SFE with a cover letter which I did a few weeks ago. There has been no further communication or update. This seems to me to be because either: post takes a while to process, or that the info included in the letter I sent was not sufficient (I could not get the paper statement of the actual account so I sent the statement of the account into which the interest is paid via a standing order). Should I just wait for an update or should I try to obtain a paper statement from the savings account itself and post that?
Original post by Quetus
My application was approved some time ago however, the page still insists i need to upload my supporting documents. The document in question would be a bank statement to prove that I have unearned interest every month from a normal savings bank account. However, the website will not allow me to upload any new documents (as is evident in the images I will post below). When I contacted SFE before I was told to post a paper statement to SFE with a cover letter which I did a few weeks ago. There has been no further communication or update. This seems to me to be because either: post takes a while to process, or that the info included in the letter I sent was not sufficient (I could not get the paper statement of the actual account so I sent the statement of the account into which the interest is paid via a standing order). Should I just wait for an update or should I try to obtain a paper statement from the savings account itself and post that?

Hi there, We can check on the progress of the evidence provided, please contact us by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further, Thanks, Angela
I have contacted them via the chat and all has been resolved. Apparently everything has been approved.
Thank you very much, I appreciate your assistance.
Original post by Quetus
I have contacted them via the chat and all has been resolved. Apparently everything has been approved.
Thank you very much, I appreciate your assistance.

Hi there, I'm glad you managed to get it sorted. If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don' hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen
Under unearned income, which of the boxes did you select to upload your bank statements under? As none of my options seem to fit (to my limited understanding) a savings account bank statement? Thank you :smile:
Original post by sages_corner
Under unearned income, which of the boxes did you select to upload your bank statements under? As none of my options seem to fit (to my limited understanding) a savings account bank statement? Thank you :smile:

Hi there,

If you don't have an option to put the unearned income into, you can leave this blank, then upload your evidence with a cover letter for the assessors to manually enter that for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMx_EG5JWk

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Original post by sages_corner

I think in my case the website broke so I ended up doing just as Clare said. I printed out the statement and posted it, with a cover letter, to SFE. I later confirmed this worked by using the chat feature on the SFE website.
Original post by Caeso
I think in my case the website broke so I ended up doing just as Clare said. I printed out the statement and posted it, with a cover letter, to SFE. I later confirmed this worked by using the chat feature on the SFE website.

I'm glad you managed to get it sorted. If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending