The Student Room Group

Scared of my job firing me for applying for another job…

I currently have a retail job however, recently I apply to a retail job within the same company. However it’s much closer to my home however I’m suddenly very concerned that my current manager might find out and fire me for applying for somewhere else etc ??

It always feels very contentious in the working world, when a manager senses that an employer is looking elsewhere for a job??

Anyone else experience just got any advice
they wont fire you its un professional I am doing the same thing and if your scared put your two weeks in
Original post by Asadhumanbean
I currently have a retail job however, recently I apply to a retail job within the same company. However it’s much closer to my home however I’m suddenly very concerned that my current manager might find out and fire me for applying for somewhere else etc ??

It always feels very contentious in the working world, when a manager senses that an employer is looking elsewhere for a job??

Anyone else experience just got any advice

They cant fire you for looking for another job.
People look for other jobs all the time. And you have the genuine reason that the other job is closer to home.
If you dont want to tell them, then dont say anything until you absolutely have to (i.e. when you have been offered the job and you are handing your notice in).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending