The Student Room Group

Interview - cancellation?? Do i?

Hello. Want some advice, i applied for a position at my current workplace have the invite for interview cone through today. Haven't yet responded. The interview is scheduled for next week however since the application hand in my anxiety has been through the roof and the date of the interviews is the exact same date time as an operation of a close family member which is ugly increasing my anxiety. I really do not have the strength emotionally to attend the interview and go throughtye whole process. I really don't. Bear in mind i am not a registered carer for this family member but do help care for then.
Getting up everyday is a chore itself. The interview is scheduled after my working hours, I'm hoping to try and attend work as normal with increased breaks perhaps that day.

Does anyone know what i can do?
Original post by unknownforever
Hello. Want some advice, i applied for a position at my current workplace have the invite for interview cone through today. Haven't yet responded. The interview is scheduled for next week however since the application hand in my anxiety has been through the roof and the date of the interviews is the exact same date time as an operation of a close family member which is ugly increasing my anxiety. I really do not have the strength emotionally to attend the interview and go throughtye whole process. I really don't. Bear in mind i am not a registered carer for this family member but do help care for then.
Getting up everyday is a chore itself. The interview is scheduled after my working hours, I'm hoping to try and attend work as normal with increased breaks perhaps that day.

Does anyone know what i can do?

Attend the interview. It looks very bad if you don't. You can't do anything about the operation. They've already made a lot of allowances for you in this job, at some point you need to deliver.
Sorry I'm unsure what you mean by they have made a lot of allowances in the current job for me- what have they done? To me nothing has been done.

I literally haven't got the emotions strength to do the interview. Doing day to day things are a challenge. I don't think I'll even get the job they've only given the interview to make it a look good for themselves i think. Nor do i have the right frame of mind to meet the criteria for the new job and work full time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending