The Student Room Group

Student Finance Query

I applied for student finance last year(as an EU (Irish) applicant) but didn't get the grades for my firm so rejected my insurance and took a gap year to resit my A levels. Can I still apply? Online I'm not seeing an option to do so. It says "There are currently no undergraduate applications available." when I click the option 'reapply or start another application
Original post by maur18x
I applied for student finance last year(as an EU (Irish) applicant) but didn't get the grades for my firm so rejected my insurance and took a gap year to resit my A levels. Can I still apply? Online I'm not seeing an option to do so. It says "There are currently no undergraduate applications available." when I click the option 'reapply or start another application

Hi there, You would need to apply via the paper application, this can be downloaded from the Gov.uk website. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
What paper application would this be?
Reply 3
I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice on whether or not I'm eligible for maintenance loan despite the fact that I meet the criteria

"When you’re eligible for full support
You can apply for full support if all the following apply:

you’re a UK national or Irish citizen or have ‘settled status’ (no restrictions on how long you can stay)
you normally live in England
you’ve been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years in a row before the first day of the first academic year of your course (apart from temporary absences such as holidays)"

Last year I completed the EU22N form. When trying to complete the EU23N form I answered yes to leaving in the UK for 3 years and it says I should apply online for full support but like I stated in my original post I can't apply online so would the appropriate form for me be the PN1?
Original post by maur18x
I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice on whether or not I'm eligible for maintenance loan despite the fact that I meet the criteria

"When you’re eligible for full support
You can apply for full support if all the following apply:

you’re a UK national or Irish citizen or have ‘settled status’ (no restrictions on how long you can stay)
you normally live in England
you’ve been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years in a row before the first day of the first academic year of your course (apart from temporary absences such as holidays)"

Last year I completed the EU22N form. When trying to complete the EU23N form I answered yes to leaving in the UK for 3 years and it says I should apply online for full support but like I stated in my original post I can't apply online so would the appropriate form for me be the PN1?

Hi there,

So we can check this, can you please confirm exactly when your course began? When did you first arrive in the UK?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 5
I first arrived Dec 2019 and my course starts September this year
Original post by maur18x
I first arrived Dec 2019 and my course starts September this year

Hi there, Is your course full time or part time? What university and course are you applying for? Thanks, Karen
Reply 7
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, Is your course full time or part time? What university and course are you applying for? Thanks, Karen

My course is full time and I'm applying to the university of bristol for the 6 yr medicine course.
Original post by maur18x
My course is full time and I'm applying to the university of bristol for the 6 yr medicine course.

You would need to complete the below form and return this via post for the team to review.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137617/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf
Thanks, Karen
Reply 9
Original post by SFE Karen
You would need to complete the below form and return this via post for the team to review.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137617/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf
Thanks, Karen

Section 8 B1 asks if my employer will release me for my studies. I am not currently employed so I do not know if I should choose yes or no as I don't think any are applicable to me. The same applies to Section 8B2 when it asks if my employer or myself will be placing money into a pension fund. What should my answer be for that section?
Original post by maur18x
Section 8 B1 asks if my employer will release me for my studies. I am not currently employed so I do not know if I should choose yes or no as I don't think any are applicable to me. The same applies to Section 8B2 when it asks if my employer or myself will be placing money into a pension fund. What should my answer be for that section?

If you are not employed then you don't have an employer that would assist with your studies so you would indicate no. Thanks, Karen
Reply 11
For section 12 part F q2 would my parents include me as a child dependant in further or higher education as I live with both of my parents and depend on them but I am currently sitting my exams as an external candidate (on UCAS I inserted that I attended my sixth form part-time) So would I be classified as a student in education. While attending sixth form full time I received a 16-19 bursary My sibling who attends further education full time also receives the 16-19 bursary does this count as financial support?
In this section it states the following: Q2 Child dependants in further or higher education in academic year 2023/24
Do not include the applicant when completing this question.
If the student is your partner, please include any children they named in section 8 of this form if the
children have applied for student finance.

They would indicate where the funding is received from for the team to review.
Thanks, Karen
Reply 13
The last question in part F is. "Do you want to support this student's application for student finance" What does this mean?
Does page 44 like the others in Section 12 require one parent to fill in half of the page or can it be filled in for both of them(as I live with both parents) because there are two children dependent on my parents that are not in further education
Original post by maur18x
The last question in part F is. "Do you want to support this student's application for student finance" What does this mean?
Does page 44 like the others in Section 12 require one parent to fill in half of the page or can it be filled in for both of them(as I live with both parents) because there are two children dependent on my parents that are not in further education

Section 12 is completed by your parents. If you live with both your parents they would completed person1 and person 2 of the form for the team to review. They would confirm if they are happy to support your application in this question and would then continue to complete the figures requested on the form. Thanks, Karen
Reply 15
Each parent supports 3 siblings 2 not in further education and 1 in further education if each parent fills in half I will not have enough space how should I go about fixing this
Original post by maur18x
Each parent supports 3 siblings 2 not in further education and 1 in further education if each parent fills in half I will not have enough space how should I go about fixing this

They can complete the section on a new page for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending