The Student Room Group

[M20] I've been thinking about the same girl for 4 years. How do i forget about her?

At first, she had a crush on me, but i wasn't into her. Then, she found someone else, and i was happy for her. But i was starting to feel something for her and she's broken up with his bofriend about 1 year ago. 4 years have passed, we're still friends and meet in a common group of friends. I can't stop thinking about her, and everyday feels less worthy of being lived. I feel empty... any girl i meet and get to know doesn't compare to her (not in terms of looks, but in terms of how attracted i am) and it's starting to become a problem.

I wish i never met her... it'd have made my life way easier. Any time i think i forgot about her, our group manages to hang out, i meet her and she's always the same. Always that attractive girl i've fallen in love with, always that smile, always the same attitude. I've never felt good enough for any girl, let alone her. I need help.
Original post by Anonymous
At first, she had a crush on me, but i wasn't into her. Then, she found someone else, and i was happy for her. But i was starting to feel something for her and she's broken up with his bofriend about 1 year ago. 4 years have passed, we're still friends and meet in a common group of friends. I can't stop thinking about her, and everyday feels less worthy of being lived. I feel empty... any girl i meet and get to know doesn't compare to her (not in terms of looks, but in terms of how attracted i am) and it's starting to become a problem.

I wish i never met her... it'd have made my life way easier. Any time i think i forgot about her, our group manages to hang out, i meet her and she's always the same. Always that attractive girl i've fallen in love with, always that smile, always the same attitude. I've never felt good enough for any girl, let alone her. I need help.

You're putting her on a pedestal that I think is your problem. It's making you obsess more and more over her. The reality of being with her would probably be a lot different, most people have done negative traits then there is being into the same thing, etc. Try and regard her as another everyday human being when you meet, nothing special. Treat her like your every day friends or people you meet for more formal stuff. Ignoring any thoughts of that are more intimate should help. Over time other girls will likely show up.
Original post by Katerina S.
You're putting her on a pedestal that I think is your problem. It's making you obsess more and more over her. The reality of being with her would probably be a lot different, most people have done negative traits then there is being into the same thing, etc. Try and regard her as another everyday human being when you meet, nothing special. Treat her like your every day friends or people you meet for more formal stuff. Ignoring any thoughts of that are more intimate should help. Over time other girls will likely show up.

hi, thanks for the reply.

I know, i’m probably in love with the idea i have of her, and not with her. I actually treat her like any other girl friend. Nothing more than that… we joke, talk, i don’t expect things to go in any direction. I just want to have fun when i meet her and my friends. I surely mask the attraction i feel, and i’m good at it. She’s not even my ideal type of girl (physically, i’m not into fit girls or girls with a model body), but it’s probably her smile and personality that make her unforgettable for me. Working in a night club, every evening i see girls who i really like physically, but nothing compares to the bond i have with her, unluckily. I guess i actually have to meet someone new and get to know that person as a friend before growing feelings for her

Sucks to be stuck in the friendzone
Original post by Miss Paige
Sucks to be stuck in the friendzone

yeah… i’ve been friendzoned various times… but friendzoning can be pretty hurtful too
yeah… i’ve been friendzoned various times… but friendzoning can be pretty hurtful too

It is so it is either accept it and stay friends or cut her off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending