The Student Room Group

Is he not attracted to me anymore?

I've been seeing my boyfriend for 7 months (19 and 20 years old) and we have been sexually active for the past 6 months, to begin with he was very into sex, we had sex 2-5 times during a weekend and it was good! We also spent plenty of time going for walks, nights out and cooking together so it was a nice balance!

For the past few weeks he's been not wanting sex which I respect and have checked with him if he's okay and he just says he wants to spend more time together doing activities etc. Occasionally when we've been having cuddles he was tease me and has fingered me/made out with me but if I try and give him a HJ he immediately shuts this down and has no interest in handjobs, blow jobs or having sex lately, I'm starting to think the occasional make out session/fingering is just to 'please me' and to make me think everything is okay.

I am starting to think he's losing interest in me! Opinions and thoughts?! Sex and intimacy is a really important part of a relationship for me personally. I have tried to speak to him about it but he insists everything is fine.
It is important to keep in mind two things.
1), sex drive and need for intimacy waxes and wanes like the weather, only often far less predictably. There are particularly passionate spells, dry spells, and periods where the whole thing is present but fairly mellow and fluctuating between slightly more and slightly less than usual. It is possible that this is a perfectly normal 'next step' in the relationship as you exit that honeymoon stage. If this is the case, it would be annoying that it is not happening on the same timeline as you but is ultimately something that just happens
2), No one on here, including me, can say with any authority what is actually happening. We can only speculate. My understanding of the situation is of course very remote and my conclusions therefore will be of only very limited value. The only person who can say what is wrong, if anything at all, is him. The only person who can work to remedy your concern is him. The only person who can offer any comfort is him. But only if you bring this matter to him.

You can either bring this matter to him and stand a chance of working it out, or you can be left to worry about it alone. If you choose the latter option, either it will miraculously sort itself out (possible, but hardly worth betting on) or it will build into resentment.
Reply 2
It maybe just your sex life maturing, some degree of mismatch seems to crop up in most long term relationships. If you feel there is something wrong though it might be that there is something up. But if he’s not communicating a problem and there’s no other changes then I think it’s see how it goes for a while longer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending