The Student Room Group

How to apply for student finance when studying abroad

hi! i am studying abroad for one semester starting august-december this year hopefully, and i was wondering how i would come about applying for student finance in this case?

in my second semester (january 2024) i will be back in the UK on placement (however i am yet to find one as of yet).

i have been notified to start my application for the new uni year but unsure how to when i will be studying abroad for only one sem and then placement for the second..

would appreciate any help, thank you!
Original post by birights
hi! i am studying abroad for one semester starting august-december this year hopefully, and i was wondering how i would come about applying for student finance in this case?

in my second semester (january 2024) i will be back in the UK on placement (however i am yet to find one as of yet).

i have been notified to start my application for the new uni year but unsure how to when i will be studying abroad for only one sem and then placement for the second..

would appreciate any help, thank you!

Hi there, you would submit your application indicating this. It will ask you in your application if you are studying abroad or placement and for what terms. You would then indicate the relevant section for each term. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, you would submit your application indicating this. It will ask you in your application if you are studying abroad or placement and for what terms. You would then indicate the relevant section for each term. Thanks, Karen

Great thank you! I am now filling out the application but it asks me questions about my work placement but I am yet to find one right now... How do I come about answering this?
Great thank you! I am now filling out the application but it asks me questions about my work placement but I am yet to find one right now... How do I come about answering this?

Is your placement an integral part of the course or is it for the full year in relation to your course? Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
It’s just for my second semester as I am going to be studying abroad for my first!
It’s just for my second semester as I am going to be studying abroad for my first!

If you aren't able to provide the evidence you would need to do this as soon as you have it for the team to review. Thanks, Karen
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Karen
If you aren't able to provide the evidence you would need to do this as soon as you have it for the team to review. Thanks, Karen

I rang up yesterday and was told to just fill it out as how I expect it to be and then change it if necessary, could I do this?
I rang up yesterday and was told to just fill it out as how I expect it to be and then change it if necessary, could I do this?

That's correct! Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending