The Student Room Group

is this friendship toxic?

hi, so basically i have 1 friend, who is my only friend and she constantly tells me i’m dumb, she says things like ‘your just dumb’ and today she told me ‘you know your dumb aren’t you’. she also makes a huge deal out of things i do. for example yesterday i was walking home with her and she said something to me, but i had my earphones in and didn’t hear and she stopped walking and i carried on and looked behind and she stopped and got really aggressive and mad because i was ‘being ignorant’. i had them in because we got off the bus and didn’t talk there. anyway, basically multiple times a day she tells me what frustrates her about me and she rambles a lot and i feel i can never get a word in. also someone at the start of the year told me she asked someone if i ever washed my dress because i wear it a lot. also when i was really depressed one night i asked to call her, but she took 5 hours to respond and asked to take a walk and ended up being short with her mum and they mostly talked amongst themselves.
That's not a friend at all as much as u want to believe she's your friend she's not , I think she's either jealous because she's constantly putting you down and that's not right at all or she's just hanging out with you because she has nothing better to do ,try talking to her and tell her everything that bothers you and if she does not care or listen to your opinion then you need to cut her out of your life you are not a bad person you don't need all that toxicity in your life ,and if you feel like you will be lonely or afraid to be lonely either trying making new friends that respect you as much as you respect them and if you are unable to make new friends that's okey too its not a bad thing to not have friends, you will make friends overtime have a great day bye.
yup defo toxic
Original post by MadisonBailey06
yup defo toxic

Yeah they don't need that in their life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending