The Student Room Group

Digital business cards?

Hey all!

The company I intern for tasked me to come up with recommendations for a digital business card maker. They've been offering their services via socials and several domains, and want to easily share all of that info together with the contact's data. So, the .vfc format seems like the best way to do so, though the cards themselves should look modern, of course. I'm usually creative with that sort of thing, so I'm confident I'll be able to pick the right template and make a masterpiece of a card before long :smile:

But, I don't really know where to start looking. Can anyone tell me which brands I should research for this task? Also, nothing too fancy, please. The company is not looking to spend too much on this (for now), but they did highlight the importance of the security factor. Naturally, there must be zero room for data breaches on either side once the receiver scans the code.

Any pointers? Thanks!
Hi there! I can tell that you are not totally comfortable with dealing with this, but it's actually not that complicated. Many brands utilize eCards nowadays and the providers keep on introducing novelties to the market. For example, we've made avatars specifically for this purpose since you can also put photos, logos, and even videos on the digital card. There's multilingual support as well, so eCards are definitely something that "your" company should start using.

As for the security factor, I'd say that the brand Beaconstac is a few steps ahead at the moment. They're the only ones that incorporated the SOC-2 framework which is the most sure-shot way to secure data transfer as of now (at least to my knowledge). There are other noteworthy aspects as well, but I'll leave you to your research :smile: As always, aim to impress!
Many, many thanks for these insights!

I'm looking at a how to create a digital business card article now and actually got hyped about all this! The prospect of tracking to which extent will the customers interact with our offers seems quite exciting also. I don't have much expertise about digital marketing in general (I suppose it's not wrong to label DBCs that way), but I'm eager to learn!
Btw, thanks for your encouragement!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending