The Student Room Group

Reassessing a Module Years After Graduation

Hi there,

Is it possible for a final year module to be reassessed more than 10-15 years after graduation? E.g. say there was a concern that - through naeivety, a final year dissertation had been reviewed and edited multiple times by a 3rd party, and that during redrafting by the student a number of direct changes made by the 3rd party had gradually found their way into the final submitted piece. What would the options be in that scenario after so many years?

Thanks
Original post by jdegyo
Hi there,

Is it possible for a final year module to be reassessed more than 10-15 years after graduation? E.g. say there was a concern that - through naeivety, a final year dissertation had been reviewed and edited multiple times by a 3rd party, and that during redrafting by the student a number of direct changes made by the 3rd party had gradually found their way into the final submitted piece. What would the options be in that scenario after so many years?

Thanks

I think it's highly unlikely, especially if you've already accepted the degree as that shows you're happy with the final result.
Reply 2
Original post by -Eirlys-
I think it's highly unlikely, especially if you've already accepted the degree as that shows you're happy with the final result.

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything that could be done in such a situation?
Original post by jdegyo
Hi there,

Are you suggesting that the marks would go up ..... or down at this point. The "reviewed and edited multiple times by a 3rd party" aspect sounds like collusion, i.e. the dissertation was not entirely the work of the candidate. That has the potential to zero the marks. TBH I think the chance of a university revisiting this 15 years after the fact is zero, unless you brought irrefutable evidence of fraud / plagiarism as the university is highly unlikely to have any useful records of the original at this point, and the supervisor and markers may well have moved on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending