The Student Room Group

Accepting an Offer

I want to accept my unconditional University of Edinburgh application so that I can get my accommodation application sorted.. but I don't actually see the option on my UCAS track.

I've heard that you need receive a reply by all your choices to be able to accept an offer and since since I am still waiting on a response by the University of Glasgow, I think this is the reason why.

Just to be 100% certain, if I withdraw my application for Uni of Glasgow, will I get an option to accept my Uni of Edinburgh offer?
Original post by Nick-Urban
I want to accept my unconditional University of Edinburgh application so that I can get my accommodation application sorted.. but I don't actually see the option on my UCAS track.

I've heard that you need receive a reply by all your choices to be able to accept an offer and since since I am still waiting on a response by the University of Glasgow, I think this is the reason why.

Just to be 100% certain, if I withdraw my application for Uni of Glasgow, will I get an option to accept my Uni of Edinburgh offer?

Yeah once you have withdrawn from glasgow you will straight away be able to accept your Uoe offer, although you should definitely just think it through one more time. I had to make the exact same decision between accepting edi or waiting for Glasgow and I chose to withdraw and accept my offer. If you only have one offer though, you should wait for Glasgow so you can have an insurance choice.
Just wanted to add one more thing...

I said to think it over just once, but really I meant give it quite some time to think it over. I ended up taking one or two weeks to be certain what I wanted to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending