The Student Room Group

Uni Grading

I am panicking over my overall honors degree,I am hoping to achieve a 2:1 but my final 2 essays and exam i think have gone shocking so I calculated them as 45 (D) grade just to be sure :/ The weighting percentage for second year is 30% and thre weighting percentage is 70% each year is 120 credits if thats relevant and my dissertation is worth 25% of the overall year i think. Can anyone help me work this out or explain how I work this out. Or just by looking at the grades is it likely i will come out with a third or 2:2 :frown:

Infection and immunity (40% of module)74
(60% of module) 57
Clinical biochemistry (60% of module)65
(40% of module) 45
Mol bio cell (60% of module)92
(40% of module)58
Research (60% of module)68
(40% of module)65
Cellular path (50% of module)42
(50% of module) 45
Blood science (40% of module) 74
(60% of module) 65

Year 3

Bio of disease (40% module)74
(60% of module) 65
Med microbiology (100% of module) 65
Research project (80%) of module) 70
Clinical genetics (40%of module)45
(60% of module) 65
Pharmacology (60% of module)57
(40% of module) 45
(edited 1 year ago)
You should be able to find a result/grade calculator online that can work that out for you, as long as you
Know the weighting’s and credits for the various modules you’ve taken. These should also be in the course and/or uni handbook on these. Or someone better at maths than me will probably comment

We all have that panic and worry, but most people do better than they expect, especially in exams. These are graded with a little more leniency than essays. As long as you know and are confident you gave it your all, put in the time and effort with revisions and assignments I wouldn’t worry too much. Even if you didn’t, they’re done now and you can’t change em now, so just have to accept what comes your way.

The dissertation always has the most value and probably makes to biggest difference in your last year and overall results. Again, if you put in the effort etc, no doubt you did well and better than you think.

While it’s good to prepare for the worse, but hope for the best, Try not to worry or think about them too much now they’re done, because you’ll only stress yourself out unnecessarily. If everything’s done and in, best to focus on next steps. Things like the summer and holidays, taking time off, relaxing or what to do next such as jobs, or careers etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending