The Student Room Group

Migrant worker

Dear Sir/Madam.
I am an S2020 cohort Adult Nursing student., so I am currently in the final term of my final year. I got my settle status last year and am providing payslips to prove working. The problem at the moment is that I start my management placement next week, Monday-Friday 8.00-16.00 and also my working hours are Saturday 7.00-14.30 and Sunday 7.00-21.30. This makes my practice unsafe for my management placement due to the fact that I will be given my own caseload. Do I have to stay with my current employer for the sake of SFE and evidence, or can I just provide payslips from my bank shifts with NHS?
Also, my course ends in July 2023 but the SFE maintenance loan covers August 2023 as well. At least this is my understanding. Is this correct?
What would the consequences be if I quit my contracted job right now?
Thank you and apologies if this question has been already answered but I am desperate to leave my current job. I always have bank shifts available with better hourly pay rate but I fee limited by my current job.
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by DespoinaM
Dear Sir/Madam.
I am an S2020 cohort Adult Nursing student., so I am currently in the final term of my final year. I got my settle status last year and am providing payslips to prove working. The problem at the moment is that I start my management placement next week, Monday-Friday 8.00-16.00 and also my working hours are Saturday 7.00-14.30 and Sunday 7.00-21.30. This makes my practice unsafe for my management placement due to the fact that I will be given my own caseload. Do I have to stay with my current employer for the sake of SFE and evidence, or can I just provide payslips from my bank shifts with NHS?
Also, my course ends in July 2023 but the SFE maintenance loan covers August 2023 as well. At least this is my understanding. Is this correct?
What would the consequences be if I quit my contracted job right now?
Thank you and apologies if this question has been already answered but I am desperate to leave my current job. I always have bank shifts available with better hourly pay rate but I fee limited by my current job.

Hi there,

In some cases, when you get Settled Status you no longer need to apply as a Migrant Worker. Have you provided evidence to us to show this, for example your Home Office letter and share code.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

In some cases, when you get Settled Status you no longer need to apply as a Migrant Worker. Have you provided evidence to us to show this, for example your Home Office letter and share code.

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Thank you so much for the quick response. Yes, I provided evidence and I am waiting for their response. However, my burning issue is my job. What happens is I leave the job now and keep my bank shifts?

Regards,

Des
Original post by DespoinaM
Hi Graeme,

Thank you so much for the quick response. Yes, I provided evidence and I am waiting for their response. However, my burning issue is my job. What happens is I leave the job now and keep my bank shifts?

Regards,

Hi Des,

You would be best to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending