The Student Room Group

I sent my passport but nothing changed in my application status

Since I have an EU passport, I had to send my passport to student finance in the mail. The only instructions were to send my passport along with my customer reference number. I put my customer reference number and my other details in a letter along with the passport.

They sent my passport back a few weeks later along with a letter saying they're returning my evidence and to check my application by logging in. There have been no changes in my application and it says identity evidence is incomplete. Everything else is complete. I'm getting really nervous because it's way past the deadline but there is nothing I can do.
Original post by Kdot+Mikey
Since I have an EU passport, I had to send my passport to student finance in the mail. The only instructions were to send my passport along with my customer reference number. I put my customer reference number and my other details in a letter along with the passport.

They sent my passport back a few weeks later along with a letter saying they're returning my evidence and to check my application by logging in. There have been no changes in my application and it says identity evidence is incomplete. Everything else is complete. I'm getting really nervous because it's way past the deadline but there is nothing I can do.

HI there,

Have you applied for the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans? Have you received any e-mails from us recently?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
HI there,

Have you applied for the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans? Have you received any e-mails from us recently?

Thanks, Graeme

Yes, I applied for both. I haven't received any emails.
Yes, I applied for both. I haven't received any emails.

Hi there, when did you last submit evidence to us?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, when did you last submit evidence to us?

Thanks, Jason

I sent my passport 4 weeks ago. I received it back on 2nd of June.
I sent my passport 4 weeks ago. I received it back on 2nd of June.

Hi there,

Thanks, it's likely that your application is waiting to be approved at the moment: this can take 4-6 weeks so this isn't unusual.

However, it would be best to access your account so we can check this. We'd recommend sending us a live chat on your account, and one of our team will be able to help. Or, you can call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending