The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan Living with Grandparent

Hi! I'm currently applying for my student finance (late, I know) and having trouble working out how the amount I get will be calculated. I have lived with my Grandma for the last year, but I am still very much in contact with both my parents, who are divorced and live separately from each other. In the application I'm filling out, it says both my parents will be contacted for their details.

(Also, I am not living with them while I study)

So, will this mean the amount will be calculated from both their incomes together? Or something different?

Thankyou.
Original post by LouisBennett4
Hi! I'm currently applying for my student finance (late, I know) and having trouble working out how the amount I get will be calculated. I have lived with my Grandma for the last year, but I am still very much in contact with both my parents, who are divorced and live separately from each other. In the application I'm filling out, it says both my parents will be contacted for their details.

(Also, I am not living with them while I study)

So, will this mean the amount will be calculated from both their incomes together? Or something different?

Thankyou.

Hi Louis,

We can't use your grandparents details for the application. If your parents are separated, you would use the parent you have most contact with for the application purpose.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending