The Student Room Group

finished first year but feel like changing course

I finished first year but feel like changing courses. I am on Plan 2 right now but if I would be on plan 5 if I did a different course and have had that I would be paying almost double and for longer with plan 5. I want to change to this course because I feel like I would earn more with this degree but I'm also worried that I won't like the course and would be much worse off overall. What would be the financial implications of doing a first year on plan 2 then a different degree with plan 5?
On which course you are studying?
Original post by ly2310_
I finished first year but feel like changing courses. I am on Plan 2 right now but if I would be on plan 5 if I did a different course and have had that I would be paying almost double and for longer with plan 5. I want to change to this course because I feel like I would earn more with this degree but I'm also worried that I won't like the course and would be much worse off overall. What would be the financial implications of doing a first year on plan 2 then a different degree with plan 5?

Hi there,

As long as you don't withdraw from your current course, you would stay on the same plan. Can you confirm if you're planning to withdraw or transfer?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by ly2310_

Hi ly2310,

For this query we will need you to contact our repayments department but they are not available on here. If you prefer to communicate to them via chat then you can message them on Twitter https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=806835849916719104 or Facebook http://m.me/SLCRepayment - alternatively they are also available on the phone, their number is 0300 100 0611.
Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Hi, does transfer mean that I would seamlessly go into 2nd year into a different course instead of starting a new one?

Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

As long as you don't withdraw from your current course, you would stay on the same plan. Can you confirm if you're planning to withdraw or transfer?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Original post by RiyazMostan
On which course you are studying?

im doing computer animation but thinking to do something in IT
Original post by ly2310_
Hi, does transfer mean that I would seamlessly go into 2nd year into a different course instead of starting a new one?

Hi there, Yes, that is correct. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending