The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever felt so bad that their heart was burning?

Title
Reply 1
You mean heartburn?
Reply 2
Acid reflux?
Reply 3
Original post by Foxehh
Acid reflux?

No not acid reflux, I know how that feels.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
You mean heartburn?

I mean like mental health wise, like your mental health was declining and you felt so bad that your heart was burning.
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
You mean heartburn?

Like the heartburn is real but you started experiencing heartburn because your mental health was a problem.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I mean like mental health wise, like your mental health was declining and you felt so bad that your heart was burning.

Go to the doctor. It could be anything from simple acid reflux all the way to a cardiovascular issue, but nobody here can diagnose you.
Reply 7
Original post by Foxehh
Go to the doctor. It could be anything from simple acid reflux all the way to a cardiovascular issue, but nobody here can diagnose you.

I found that when my mental health wasn't so bad and it improved (in fact not so much of a problem anymore) my heartburn went.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Like the heartburn is real but you started experiencing heartburn because your mental health was a problem.

Mental health issues can make physical symptoms worse, or can even be experienced as physical symptoms. If you are worried, speak to your GP.
Reply 9
My chest does feels warmer when my anxiety is high. I've been to the GP many times and they said my heart it's fine. Your situation could be different, so I'd always suggest booking a GP appointment. Maybe try asking for a same day telephone appointment if your GP offers those.
Mental Health Direct are available over the phone 24/7 on 0300 555 1000.
If you just need another person to be there when you're feeling anxious I find that helps me.
Best thing when my anxiety is acutely high is to run a lukewarm shower over my head.

Quick Reply

Latest