The Student Room Group

Missed my grade by 2 marks

I got a UCL + KCL contextual offer for ABB. I got BBC. For English I was 3 marks from an A and 2 marks from a B for the C I got. Do you think I should bother asking as they say on their website they don't offer any lower than ABB. Was too ashamed to go into school and now my teachers are telling me if I told them earlier they could have called them up and explained it, I'm guessing vacancies are filled up now.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by euwni
I got a UCL contextual offer for ABB. I got BBC. For English I was 3 marks from an A and 2 marks from a B for the C I got. Do you think I should bother asking as they say on their website they don't offer any lower than ABB.

Ask to get your papers remarked maybe?
I would get the papers remarked and tell UCL you are doing that
Original post by euwni
I got a UCL contextual offer for ABB. I got BBC. For English I was 3 marks from an A and 2 marks from a B for the C I got. Do you think I should bother asking as they say on their website they don't offer any lower than ABB.

If you are close to the higher grade boundaries then I would recommended going for it as it's relatively low risk! Make sure you tell UCL that's what you're doing.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by euwni
I got a UCL + KCL contextual offer for ABB. I got BBC. For English I was 3 marks from an A and 2 marks from a B for the C I got. Do you think I should bother asking as they say on their website they don't offer any lower than ABB. Was too ashamed to go into school and now my teachers are telling me if I told them earlier they could have called them up and explained it, I'm guessing vacancies are filled up now.

Your offer isn't negotiable if you've been rejected because you didn't meet it, you aren't unfortunately able to argue for your place anyway.

What you could do however is request a (priority) review of marking for those papers where you were very close. This will only correct clear and obvious errors, but there may be some! It may be worth a shot, if you can get the grades up to ABB then you'll have met your offer and the rest is moot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending