The Student Room Group

Student maintenance loan application incorrect

Hello

I applied for finance, 1st year and I selected maximum maintenance loan (came to something around 9k) and now I’ve checked my application. It is “application submitted” as I’ve just done it but when I check loan amount it says I’ve only applied for 3.5k.

Whats happened?

Thanks
Original post by 1Confusedperson1
Hello

I applied for finance, 1st year and I selected maximum maintenance loan (came to something around 9k) and now I’ve checked my application. It is “application submitted” as I’ve just done it but when I check loan amount it says I’ve only applied for 3.5k.

Whats happened?

Thanks

Hi there,

Can you confirm your age and have your parent(s) or partner supported your application to assess you for the maximum? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Can you confirm your age and have your parent(s) or partner supported your application to assess you for the maximum? Thanks, Jason

Hi I’m 35, no partner but living with parents.
Do they need to do anything ?
Thanks
Hi I’m 35, no partner but living with parents.
Do they need to do anything ?
Thanks

No they don't. Is it for a full time course and have you submitted your application? If you've selected maximum then we'll assess you for this and it will change once updated which can take 6 weeks as an estimated timescale. Thanks, Jason
No they don't. Is it for a full time course and have you submitted your application? If you've selected maximum then we'll assess you for this and it will change once updated which can take 6 weeks as an estimated timescale. Thanks, Jason

Hello

Yes all submitted, was just worried that I’ve clicked the wrong thing or something as it’s showing the lower amount. So this will automatically change in roughly 6 weeks ?

Thanks
Hello

Yes all submitted, was just worried that I’ve clicked the wrong thing or something as it’s showing the lower amount. So this will automatically change in roughly 6 weeks ?

Thanks

If you're unsure you can either contact us on 0300 100 0607 or use the live chat in your account for us to check.

Alternatively, you can upload the form below which will ensure you're assessed for the maximum: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_2324_o.pdf this can be digitally uploaded to your account online. Thanks, Jason
If you're unsure you can either contact us on 0300 100 0607 or use the live chat in your account for us to check.

Alternatively, you can upload the form below which will ensure you're assessed for the maximum: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_2324_o.pdf this can be digitally uploaded to your account online. Thanks, Jason

Thanks

Just to check, as I’m actually financially independent and don’t get any money off my parents. Should I be choosing the option of living with parents or living away from home?
Thanks

Just to check, as I’m actually financially independent and don’t get any money off my parents. Should I be choosing the option of living with parents or living away from home?

Hi there,

You will be assessed as an independent student however, the living location is separate. If you are living with your parents, you select living with parents.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending