The Student Room Group

SFE Loan Confusion

I’m am aware of the fact that Sfe will only fund a total of 4 years of tuition and maintenance loan (3 years + 1 gift year).

In the scenario lets say you had used up 2 years of funding on a course but ended up dropping out for another 3 year course.

Doing the maths you would have only 2 years of tuition and maintenance loan funding left. From my research, it specifically states the tuition loan would not be provided for the first year if you were on a three year course if you have used up 2 years of your funding. Would you be able to receive a maintenance loan funding for the first year within the scenario provided as all I've seen it specifically states only the tuition loan would not be funded?
Hi there,

If you've studied 2 years or less since leaving further education then your fees would be blocked for year 1 of your new course, unless you had to leave your last course due to reasons outwith your control. In which case, you may be eligible for a year of fees back if you have evidence of this. I've enclosed further information here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-yeart. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending