The Student Room Group

Appealing Course fees after non-attendance

I have missed the last year of uni due to declining mental health, culminating in a

Spoiler

. I am now looking at returning to the course but am liable to pay for the year that I missed and the upcoming repeat year.

I didn't sit any exams, submit any courseworks or attend any teaching sessions, but I did enrol. Obviously I should've informed the uni and withdrawn as soon as the situation arose, but at the time uni was the least of my worries.

Has anyone been in or seen a similar situation and can offer any advice?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by 201809Student
I have missed the last year of uni due to declining mental health, culminating in a

Spoiler

. I am now looking at returning to the course but am liable to pay for the year that I missed and the upcoming repeat year.

I didn't sit any exams, submit any courseworks or attend any teaching sessions, but I did enrol. Obviously I should've informed the uni and withdrawn as soon as the situation arose, but at the time uni was the least of my worries.

Has anyone been in or seen a similar situation and can offer any advice?

Hi my son did the same. Went on the 1st day, never went back, never told them he left. Now a lawyer on behalf of the Uni taking him to court. They want £10.000. Has this happened to you. Its disgusting as they should have known he left the course ! His mental health isn't great either !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending