The Student Room Group

Foundation year+MPhys

Hello all,
I am currently doing a foundation year in Physics, passing this foundation year entitles me to take any physics course at my university.
I intend of taking Theoretical Physics with an Integrated masters, however I wondered what will happen in terms of student finance, will they fund me throughout the whole course? I have read they only provide funding for 4 years, but considering MPhys course will take 4 years plus my foundation years, that is already 5.
Will they fund me throughout the whole course? (Both maintenance and the degree)
Thank you.
Original post by tomthepirate1
Hello all,
I am currently doing a foundation year in Physics, passing this foundation year entitles me to take any physics course at my university.
I intend of taking Theoretical Physics with an Integrated masters, however I wondered what will happen in terms of student finance, will they fund me throughout the whole course? I have read they only provide funding for 4 years, but considering MPhys course will take 4 years plus my foundation years, that is already 5.
Will they fund me throughout the whole course? (Both maintenance and the degree)
Thank you.
Hi there,

You would get funding for the duration of your course, plus an additional year of Tuition Fee support in case you have to do any repeats. You would qualify for the support if you have only done the foundation year and no further previous study. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending