The Student Room Group

Parents Learning Allowance and childcare Grant

I am a home student and have been approved by Student Finance England for parents learning allowance. I have been paid the first installment of this allowance but I now have a change in circumstance which means i require childcare grant as i have no one to baby sit my child anymore and i am unable to afford the childcare fees at the nursery.

I have submitted a form requesting for this but i still havent heard anything a month later. what is the likely outcome. Will i still be able to get this help?
Original post by Midnightfever
I am a home student and have been approved by Student Finance England for parents learning allowance. I have been paid the first installment of this allowance but I now have a change in circumstance which means i require childcare grant as i have no one to baby sit my child anymore and i am unable to afford the childcare fees at the nursery.

I have submitted a form requesting for this but i still havent heard anything a month later. what is the likely outcome. Will i still be able to get this help?

Hi there,

Was it the Dependents Grants form that you submitted? If so, we're currently processing these forms in 26 working days, so it's likely you'll hear back soon.

On what date did you upload this form?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending