The Student Room Group

2 years of Tuition Fee's

Hi there,
I'm returning to university after a few years break due to personal reasons I know I'm only eligible for 2 year's tuition fee's my first question is the self funded year is that the first or the last year. My second question on the self funded year whichever one that is am I able to still receive a maintenance loan. I can't find the answers to these 2 questions for the life of me online. Thanks
Original post by Ben1234566
Hi there,
I'm returning to university after a few years break due to personal reasons I know I'm only eligible for 2 year's tuition fee's my first question is the self funded year is that the first or the last year. My second question on the self funded year whichever one that is am I able to still receive a maintenance loan. I can't find the answers to these 2 questions for the life of me online. Thanks

Hi Ben,

It will be the first year that you need to self-fund, and you'll be entitled to the Maintenance Loan in that year even if you don't get the Tuition Fee Loan.

You may already know about this, but we can award you an additional year of funding if you have Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) for not completing your previous course. You can find out more about this here.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year
Reply 2
Hi Graeme, is this still the case? Lots of contradictory advice online, but appears that most say the maintenance loan is only the length of a course plus one year?
Original post by Colin75
Hi Graeme, is this still the case? Lots of contradictory advice online, but appears that most say the maintenance loan is only the length of a course plus one year?

Hi Colin,

That is the Tuition Fee which is length of the course + 1 for the additional year. The Maintenance Loan will not be affected. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending