The Student Room Group

Tuition fees

I started university back in 2019, but only attended for 2 months, after I dropped out of my first degree I paid back my tuition loan and it has now fully been repaid. I then started the course I am currently on and SFE refused to pay the tuition fee to the university for this academic year stating I am not eligible for the loan, no explanation was given. I tried contacting them to get some more information about this but the representative was incredibly rude put me on hold for 2 hours and then cut the call. I tried calling again but each time I was made to wait upwards of 2 hours, the representative would then say they couldn’t help and the call would end. I am now faced with having to drop out of university if I can’t pay the tuition fees by their set deadline. Is there anyway I can contact someone higher up to try get this fixed?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by alicia_13
I started university back in 2019, but only attended for 2 months, after I dropped out of my first degree I paid back my tuition loan and it has now fully been repaid. I then started the course I am currently on and SFE refused to pay the tuition fee to the university for this academic year stating I am not eligible for the loan, no explanation was given. I tried contacting them to get some more information about this but the representative was incredibly rude put me on hold for 2 hours and then cut the call. I tried calling again but each time I was made to wait upwards of 2 hours, the representative would then say they couldn’t help and the call would end. I am now faced with having to drop out of university if I can’t pay the tuition fees by their set deadline. Is there anyway I can contact someone higher up to try get this fixed?
Hi Alicia,

How long is your current course? How many years previous study have you done?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Alicia,
How long is your current course? How many years previous study have you done?
Thanks,
Claire
My course is 4 years including a foundation year and I am in my second year.
Original post by alicia_13
My course is 4 years including a foundation year and I am in my second year.
Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means if your new course is 4 years the calculation would be 4+1=5-2=3 years left of finance. This is given in the final years of your new course. This will be why the Tuition Fees were blocked in your first year, but you should get them in 2nd,3rd, and 4th year.

Do you have any Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) why you didn't complete your previous course?

Thanks,
Claire
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending