The Student Room Group

Student Finance

I have been incorrectly assesed as an i teenational student since the start of my course in sep 21. I have finally successfully fot this changed to home fees. Will i now be eligible for student finance?
Original post by Jammers1
I have been incorrectly assesed as an i teenational student since the start of my course in sep 21. I have finally successfully fot this changed to home fees. Will i now be eligible for student finance?

Hi there,

What is your status in the UK? Where were you born? How long have you been in the UK? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

What is your status in the UK? Where were you born? How long have you been in the UK? Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross - I was born in london - but moved to south africa with my parents as a very young child. My grandparents needed care and it meant that my parents ended up staying in SA for longer than they had intended to care for them. I have proved to the university that although this was a long time it was temporary absence as we always intended to return. I obviously had to stay in SA with my parents as I was a minor. We have now returned to the uk as a family and are living and settled in the uk - my mom and brother are british , and my dad is on a returning resident visa (ilr). I have been here since the start of my course in sep 21. Thanks for your help.
Hi Ross - I was born in london - but moved to south africa with my parents as a very young child. My grandparents needed care and it meant that my parents ended up staying in SA for longer than they had intended to care for them. I have proved to the university that although this was a long time it was temporary absence as we always intended to return. I obviously had to stay in SA with my parents as I was a minor. We have now returned to the uk as a family and are living and settled in the uk - my mom and brother are british , and my dad is on a returning resident visa (ilr). I have been here since the start of my course in sep 21. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Have you received any support for your course from us? What type of funding do you receive? Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi,

Have you received any support for your course from us? What type of funding do you receive? Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross , no i have not recieved any support - my parents have funded so far through borrowings and this has put them under quite a bit of pressure.
Hi Ross , no i have not recieved any support - my parents have funded so far through borrowings and this has put them under quite a bit of pressure.

Thanks for confirming. I would advise to contact us directly so our advisors can go over what evidence would be required for you to be eligible for the support. Our best contact number is 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Ross
Reply 6
Ok thanks very much for your help.
Ok thanks very much for your help.
You're welcome. If you have any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending