The Student Room Group

best time to approach a girl

Is there an advantage to playing the long game with a girl you see regularly? Meaning sometimes isnt it good to show a girl that your not easily available and have high standards also it builds up a lot of tension and anticipation so when a convo does happen theres more chemistry and it feels more natural rather than rushing in for a convo or introducing yourself straight away?
That would only work if she's already into you. Otherwise, you're just some guy she's seen around and doesn't interact with. She wouldn't see you as more than an acquaintance.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 1582
That would only work if she's already into you. Otherwise, you're just some guy she's seen around and doesn't interact with. She wouldn't see you as more than an acquaintance.

You can still be into someone even though youve never interacted with them? The point im making is sometimes is it better to wait and bide your time rather than tactlessly rushing into a convo with a girl you fancy.
Original post by Anonymous #1
You can still be into someone even though youve never interacted with them? The point im making is sometimes is it better to wait and bide your time rather than tactlessly rushing into a convo with a girl you fancy.

That is rarely the best option. If you don't act that's a sign you're not into someone and they move on.
Reply 4
Original post by 1582
That is rarely the best option. If you don't act that's a sign you're not into someone and they move on.

well ive taken long enough and sent subtle signals to her and vice versa - now is the time to make a move
Is there an advantage to playing the long game with a girl you see regularly? Meaning sometimes isnt it good to show a girl that your not easily available and have high standards also it builds up a lot of tension and anticipation so when a convo does happen theres more chemistry and it feels more natural rather than rushing in for a convo or introducing yourself straight away?

Sometimes yes as it shows ur not desperate but dont take too long. Have you made your move yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
Sometimes yes as it shows ur not desperate but dont take too long. Have you made your move yet?

Not yet. I tried last time i saw her but im sure she saw me and casually walked away from me (maybe im overthinking this part). Have i creeped her out?
Not yet. I tried last time i saw her but im sure she saw me and casually walked away from me (maybe im overthinking this part). Have i creeped her out?

Hard to say if youve never interacted with her. I would suggest speaking to her. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Yeah you might just be overthinking as it's difficult to tell just from this what is actually going through her head. Try talking to her and having a conversation.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #3
Yeah you might just be overthinking as it's difficult to tell just from this what is actually going through her head. Try talking to her and having a conversation.

Its just difficult. Ive always found it difficult to speak to girls in crowded areas but im hoping because im a familiar face she will be open and friendly
Reply 10
There isn’t really a right time, it is just if there is mutual attraction. A bit of a build up if there is can be exciting but I would say that a long game generally means there’s nothing on the cards
Reply 11
Original post by Zarek
There isn’t really a right time, it is just if there is mutual attraction. A bit of a build up if there is can be exciting but I would say that a long game generally means there’s nothing on the cards

Well ive left it too late. I didnt approach her but i will now. Obviously theres nothing to lose and its worth a shot but im hoping it can rekindle any attraction/interest if that makes sense and why cant it.
Reply 12
Original post by Zarek

What do you mean by a long game?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending