The Student Room Group

Why does Cold Weather Not Bother Me?

It Could be 5 Degrees Outside and I Could Happily go Out for a Walk and be Warm
Reply 1
Because 5 degrees is hardly an arctic temperature and whatever clothes you are wearing are enough to keep you warm?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
Because 5 degrees is hardly an arctic temperature and whatever clothes you are wearing are enough to keep you warm?

I wear thin shirt and shorts
Reply 3
If you have a throat infection and cough, then cold water is not good for you .. it's better to drink warm water...
I'm the same way but that's likely due to the fact I've built up my tolerance to the cold via daily cold showers/ice baths
Reply 5
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
I'm the same way but that's likely due to the fact I've built up my tolerance to the cold via daily cold showers/ice baths

cool!
Original post by Anonymous #1
I wear thin shirt and shorts

Again, 5 degrees is not cold.
Reply 7
Original post by Veet Voojagig
Again, 5 degrees is not cold.

I can cope with the cold even in -2 and below
Original post by Anonymous #1
I can cope with the cold even in -2 and below

Between 0 and -5 is an ideal temperatute precisely because it feels nice and crisp, but not cold. Once you get below -5, it starts feeling cold, but if you are moving around, you probably won't really notice it until it gets much chillier. It doesn't get much colder than that in the UK, so most people here never experience actual cold. Still not sure what point you're trying to make.
Reply 9
Original post by Veet Voojagig
Between 0 and -5 is an ideal temperatute precisely because it feels nice and crisp, but not cold. Once you get below -5, it starts feeling cold, but if you are moving around, you probably won't really notice it until it gets much chillier. It doesn't get much colder than that in the UK, so most people here never experience actual cold. Still not sure what point you're trying to make.

Ok

Quick Reply

Latest