The Student Room Group

Has anyone looked at studying abroad

i’m torn between staying in the uk and studying abroad, how did people go about it?
Original post by animalcrossing77
i’m torn between staying in the uk and studying abroad, how did people go about it?

Hi there,

Choosing where to study can be a difficult task. It's great that you're exploring all of your options, even out of the country!

I haven't studied a full degree course abroad, but I am currently on a year abroad as part of my course in the UK. This is a great option if you want to keep costs down, think studying in the UK is right for you, but also want to see what it would be like elsewhere! My year abroad is based in the US, but there are so many other options out there.

If you are currently in the process of applying, I'd speak to your sixth form/college advisor or a teacher/professor that might be able to point you in the right direction.

If you don't have this type of support, some simple research will help you here. This site gives you lots of information on how to study in the USA and the steps you need to get there. Depending on your target destination, I'm sure you can find similar webpages like this.

It can be difficult to organize and take the leap, but studying out of the UK, even for just this academic year, has absolutely been my most fulfilling experience yet.

Best of luck and I hope this helps,

Isabella 🙂
Third-year Geography with a Year Abroad Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending