The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

kokopops
oo...something ive noticed, is try and try and you will succeed!! i saw this one guy try it on with not only me and my friend (REJECTED) but also like 4 other girls, he finally pulled .. ( by starting with dancing behind some1 and then u know gradually dancing with them ... ) !
so i guess, if you try you will succeed!!

You're right about the numbers strategy. If one says no, just move on until you end up with a girl who's desperate enough. The only problem is that a lot of girls, who have a little respect for themselves, won't go with a guy who's already tried it on with half of the girls there.
Reply 21
whats this 90:10 rule and 70:30 rule?

Also: what's the 70:30 attitude?

Well i only really use it when I go out in a group of people otherwise you get spotted lol :wink:

Its an average where if you approach every girl (or group of girls) in a pub or bar - 70% will reject you, tell you to go away etc... But 30% will talk to you or come over for a drink. Its just a really good way of getting to know people.

I find it cool because you are prepared for the rejection so you don't take it personally. Hope that explains it.
Reply 22
Erm, to be honest i don't really know about pulling in a club either. Quite often most people are drunk and don't remember it the next day anyway. Lol.

But yeah, try veering them over to a quieter spot, a seat or something. Then just be yourself. If you think its hot in there, SAY SO! Just strike up conversation.

When i was single, a loooong time ago :frown: i thought it was quite sweet when blokes made conversation. Not drunk OTT embarassing blokes, just ones who you could tell were shy. *altogether now* awwwww.

As someone has already said, you must be nice to have held a girls interest for three years... :wink:
Reply 23
hmmmm....I believe a lot in eye contact... I mean, looking at the girl intensly, not letting her off your eyes. Sooner or later if she likes you she will smile at you...at least this is the way I would react...it then all comes natural... Good luck :worm:
Da_Head1
Well i only really use it when I go out in a group of people otherwise you get spotted lol :wink:

Its an average where if you approach every girl (or group of girls) in a pub or bar - 70% will reject you, tell you to go away etc... But 30% will talk to you or come over for a drink. Its just a really good way of getting to know people.

I find it cool because you are prepared for the rejection so you don't take it personally. Hope that explains it.

Unless you're a desperate drunk, it's not easy to jump from one girl to another. To be honest, one rejection in one night is enough for most people. Usually you know what you want and it's not just "a girl" or "a guy" but a specific one you've noticed.
Unless you're desperated and drunk...
Reply 25
Unless you're a desperate drunk, it's not easy to jump from one girl to another. To be honest, one rejection in one night is enough for most people. Usually you know what you want and it's not just "a girl" or "a guy" but a specific one you've noticed.

Hahaha, i see your point,
but why waste the whole night feeling bad because the one girl you've noticed has rejected you.
So you're saying you give up after one try?! Good attitude!
Mariarc
hmmmm....I believe a lot in eye contact... I mean, looking at the girl intensly, not letting her off your eyes. Sooner or later if she likes you she will smile at you...at least this is the way I would react...it then all comes natural... Good luck :worm:

no cos when unfit greasy guys do that them seem like pervs.

just watch the girl until she go to the bar, then say hey, can i get u drink? then ask her name etc, hey presto..if she like u she'll stay talking 2 u if not, too bad:wink: lose ur inhibitions cos u'll never c her again
acting confident without being too cocky should act in your favour, and be yourself <as far as you can be in a club>! :smile:
I never really saw the point in any of it. I don't even get much physical pleasure out of kissing unless it actually means something to me, which, in a club, it wouldn't. But I don't even like clubs to begin with... what am I doing in this thread?

*sits in the corner*
Erm... The best pulling technique that i would use....
...throwing a pint over her top... i guess that would explain a few things
Onearmedbandit
I never really saw the point in any of it. I don't even get much physical pleasure out of kissing unless it actually means something to me, which, in a club, it wouldn't. But I don't even like clubs to begin with... what am I doing in this thread?

*sits in the corner*

I'm just like you really...

Does everyone go clubbing at uni? will i be forced to? lol :afraid:
Reply 31
beekeeper_
Does everyone go clubbing at uni? will i be forced to? lol :afraid:

Yes, people are going to grab you and drag you out of your room kicking and screaming, push you into the club and not let you leave until closing time :rolleyes:

No, you don't have to go clubbing at uni, though a lot of people will do, especially in the first few weeks. And you really don't have to pull or be pulled unless you want to.
i haven't been clubbing once, since i got 2 uni. its just not my thing, and i have lots of friends (and a boyfriend) who feel the same way!
aww :knuddel: *pulls Onearmedbanit out the corner*

at school in the 6 form i hated clubs and bars, too noisy,sweaty drunk ppl etc.i was the only person who didnt drink and didnt see the point in getting into a club underage.in the first few weeks of uni, i overcame my aversion to bars and clubs, but was quite bored in them, as i was often the only sober person.however now i really like it, is a good laugh even tho i often end up sitting on the sofas drinking coke and chatting up fit foreign guys :confused: or looking aloof and sophisticated by not dancing or talking or attempting to be sociable
Reply 34
Get on the dancefloor near someone u fancy, dance and try and catch their eye. If they respond then edge in til you're dancing with them. Then try 'accidently' knocking them or touching them. Try and get closer and then u should know whether they want to kiss or not by their body language
:wink: will definately try that one!

Latest

Trending

Trending