The Student Room Group

Why do I not have a boyfriend?

Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.
I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
Is it because I'm too picky, or just because I'm hideous?
Haha

Scroll to see replies

I think you answered your own question.
Monpetitchou

If it's one of the two, it's cos you're picky.
Reply 3
Probably because you ask questions like these on internet forums.

Just a wild stab in the dark.
Reply 4
Because you're picky. No one is going to waltz along and all of a sudden love you unconditionally. That's something that you earn.
Reply 5
You need to lower your romantic expectations a bit I'm afraid. Nobody can be that perfect and if you have particular expectations of how you want someone to be, then you're going to be disappointed if you don't find him and you could find yourself passing on the opportunity to be with an amazing guy who's great in his own way.

Give people a chance for being them, and don't focus on the fact that they're not exactly what you're looking for. And you're not hideous :smile:
Reply 6
You're definitely too picky.
James'
Probably because you ask questions like these on internet forums.

Just a wild stab in the dark.

Hahaha just what I was going to say.

Anyways, don't worry about not having a boyfriend, sure it can be wonderful but you miss out on many opportunities - being single can be so much fun :biggrin:
Reply 8
You give a long list of highly specific criteria you're expecting and then ask if you're too picky. Don't you think you're inviting that answer?
Reply 9
I think getting to know people is key - if their personality is great then you'll find them infinitely more attractive. Yes, you can have that ideal boy in your head (even if he does sound like Edward Cullen :hmmm: ), but keep your options open.
Maybe it's because you are too fat ?
:rolleyes: according to that other thread.
Reply 11
cos you haven't met me, baby!
Monpetitchou
Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.
I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
Haha

You just haven't met the right person yet....That's quite fussy but not unrealistic, for example I fit the bill maybe except for looking amazing :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Monpetitchou
Haha

You just described me exactly.

Sorry, but I'm too good for you.
Reply 14
Maybe and i don't mean to sound harsh you watch to many films i'm also getting the vibe your a twilight fan?
I find looks aren't everything anyway what you need is someone that makes you laugh and doesn't hurt you in any way.
You don't find these "prince charmings" straight away, trust me you'll go through alot of wrong men but you will find someone eventually :smile: just don't be so picky and try and be more confident aswell nothing bad will happen if you talk to someone you like just get to know them! x
Reply 15
Low Key
You just described me exactly.

Sorry, but I'm too good for you.

You're too good for me? With an attitude like that, I'm too good for YOU
Reply 16
Raychull_x
Maybe and i don't mean to sound harsh you watch to many films i'm also getting the vibe your a twilight fan?
I find looks aren't everything anyway what you need is someone that makes you laugh and doesn't hurt you in any way.
You don't find these "prince charmings" straight away, trust me you'll go through alot of wrong men but you will find someone eventually :smile: just don't be so picky and try and be more confident aswell nothing bad will happen if you talk to someone you like just get to know them! x

Haha, I'm a BIT of a Twilight fan. Lol
Thank you for your advice. I suppose I'm very young, and so I have lots of time to meet that perfect person, no matter how long it takes
Reply 17
Sounds like you're being too picky and as most of the posters have said keeping your options open especially when it comes to dating is a good idea. It's alright to have an "Dream guy" in your head and having expectations but it might be a long wait if you're trying to find mr perfect without knowing the person first.
Reply 18
Monpetitchou
Haha, I'm a BIT of a Twilight fan. Lol
Thank you for your advice. I suppose I'm very young, and so I have lots of time to meet that perfect person, no matter how long it takes

Well i just realised we're actually the same age im just lucky i've already found my "edward cullen/prince charming" :wink: been together for over a year but i'm not stupid enough to think that we're deffintely going to be together forever.
I hope we are but ino how things change and by the looks of it you'll be going college soon you'll meet plenty of new interesting people :smile: x
You're too picky. End of.

Should probably add that until you meet someone and start relationships, you won't fully know what you want. The type of person I used to want turned out to be completely wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending