The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP, you're an idiot.
I am absolutely fed up with the "we don't have sex, thus we are better than you" argument. What's even worse is the "I am amazing and virginal, yet oral sex doesn't count" argument.
Ultimately, you are losing out as you aren't getting laid when we are.
i know you shouldn't judge people but if you haven't had sex by 25(unless for religious reasons), there's something wrong with you.
Good Intentions
There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a loser.
This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.

I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

edit: spelling

I agree with you in some ways but also think maybe it's a little too harsh. Firstly having sex at an early age doen't make you a whore, some people may just want to experience it earlier and haven't really thought about love 'n' stuff. Also it seems like you're assuming people at a younger age might not be in 'love' I think you can have very strong feelings for someone at a young age.

Also there is other things that distiguish us from animals! :yes:
I don't know why people put so much thought into it... it's really not a big deal either way.
I don't agree with people who say losing their virginity is wrong. Don't diss it til you've tried it if you ask me. Only THEN can you make your mind up.
Reply 185
But I always get shocked about how many teenagers do it taking in mind the no sex before marriage teaching in school, whatever happened to it?
Anonymous
What if when you do do it with someone you love they think you are ridiculously appauling at it, and lose interest in you due to your total hopelessness and ineptitude?

you might not be hopeless at it!
and if they love you back they wont care, theyll be happy that you decided to lose it to them!
theyll probably glad that ur not a slag and dont sleep around and carry diseases
and they might enjoy teaching u a thing or two!
personally, im pretty inexperienced but have been told im good in bed. i like that the guy im seeing knows what hes doing but i wouldnt mind if someone was a virgin, so dont worry about being rubbish etc, itll be fine :smile:
Living your life the way you want to live it is something to be proud of.

Whether that means being a virgin or not is quite irrelevant.
Karunesh
But I always get shocked about how many teenagers do it taking in mind the no sex before marriage teaching in school, whatever happened to it?

School don't tell children not to have sex before marriage (as far as I'm aware) but in faith schools it is obviously apparent from readings.

Not all schools are faith schools, comprehensive schools don't go into much depth about this subject generally.
Reply 189
nicola.kemp
School don't tell children not to have sex before marriage (as far as I'm aware) but in faith schools it is obviously apparent from readings.

Not all schools are faith schools, comprehensive schools don't go into much depth about this subject generally.

Ahh ok, thats cleared alot of things up, cheers
I agree mikey... everything you do defines you and who you want to be at that time only be experiencing who you want to be can you become that person... if you soon realise you don't want to be that person then the only way you can know that is by experincing and realising that....

Sorry to be all philosophical but ya :wink:
Good Intentions
There is so many threads created by virgins desperate to lose their virginity. It is specially sad because almost all of them are less than 20 years old. Some are even younger which is even more shocking.

Peer pressure often dictates that being a virgin is an undesirable indication of being immature or simply being a loser.
This is a completely false statement and every virgin out there should be aware of the fact that having sex early in life is not cool.
Just because you are a whore (both male and female) does not make you cool for damn sake.
I find it surprising and amusing that kids aged around 16 are being proud of losing their virginity. They should be ashamed.
What happened to the whole "no sex before marriage" thing? I am an atheist so my views are not connected to the religion in any form but I have to agree that the greatest gift to the person you love is virginity.
There is no better thing the feeling that you are the first one and the last one.

So please society open your eyes before it is too late and we will lose the only thing that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to control our sexual desire.

Losing a virginity early is not cool and you should not do it just because others did.

edit: spelling

Losing your virginity before the legal age or before 20 etc does not make you an automatic whore can I point out, being a whore is not cool sure, but having had sex but with someone you love does not make you a whore.
Good Intentions
You see that is the thing.

It is your opinion and I dont have anything against different opinions - without them world would be extremely boring place.

But peer pressure is the problem. Majority of people think the same way as you do. But just becasue more people are sharing the same opinion it does not make this opinion correct.

Many virgin feels that just because everyone is doing it they should too and this is completely and utterly wrong.

Well thats their problem then for being a sheep and a people pleaser, yeah alot is down to peer pressure but at the end of the day no-one is saying if you haven't had sex by 16 you're not cool, there are no set limitations for the age of 'losing it', you appear to have a very negative opinion on sex, what business is it of yours anyway on when people lose it and how many people they have been with its upto them comprendez?
magiichands
I got a neg rep from this thread saying this:

I think the non virgins are feeling bad because they now jealous of virgins
they probably got there yeast infections!
So a message to all the non virgins who are hating in this thread:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

[I think I shall recieve even more neg rep for that comment]

Sweetie the non virgins are not jealous of the virgins and I would say vice versa, everyone is entitled to thier own opinions and everyone is responsible for thier own actions, I'm not a virgin and I don't regret it nor am I jelaous of someone who hasn't lost it because I chose too, work it out. Its a no brainer. Ever heard of contaception, and protection? yeah they kinda rule out yeast infections. Kinda pissed on your bonfire there huh.
Reply 194
I wouldn't say that being a virgin or not being a virgin is something to be proud of.

What one should be proud of/not proud of is whether or not you regret it.
Surely it all subjective. If you're not religious and therefore don't follow the whole no sex before marriage malarky then why shouldn't you be proud of your sexual conquests? Virginity really isn't that big a deal (unless you are religious). Its just sex. Why should we "control our sexual desire". Hell if you want sex, and are in a position to have sex, do it, and enjoy it :smile:
Reply 196
I don't understand why some people get so angry about other people having sex. Why can't you just mind your own business?!
Good Intentions
I should clear one thing up.

By saying "the only thing that distinguishes us from animals" I did not mean in term of biology but in term of psychology.

When an animal feels the urge to compulate it just goes for it really. People are able to control it.

Are you for real.
You clearly haven't been in a heated situation with someone before.
x y z
I don't understand why some people get so angry about other people having sex. Why can't you just mind your own business?!

This.

Being a virgin is not something to be proud of nor ashamed of.
Pan's-Labyrinth
Well thats their problem then for being a sheep and a people pleaser, yeah alot is down to peer pressure but at the end of the day no-one is saying if you haven't had sex by 16 you're not cool, there are no set limitations for the age of 'losing it', you appear to have a very negative opinion on sex, what business is it of yours anyway on when people lose it and how many people they have been with its upto them comprendez?

Not strictly true (unfortunately) - if it were true then one of the weapons of peer pressure would be neutralised.

Why can't we have mutual respect for each others choices without prejudice (at least where we are not affected by the person's choice).

Latest

Trending

Trending