The Student Room Group

Am I in the wrong? (Girls, your advice) :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maybe he's just a friendly guy? A few years ago I flew to Wisconsin to spend thanksgiving with an American friend I only vaguely knew and he didn't rape me once.
Going to another country on your own with him sounds a little dodgy. You could take a friend or something?
Reply 22
Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl
But you are doubting yourself. This thread wouldn't exist if you were convinced imo. Where is he from? I think that could settle it. :s-smilie:

I'm doubting myself in terms of talking to him, not in terms of going (no matter what he says, i'll never go)

Jellybean91

id be reeeeeally worried about that! seems a bit odd and very dodgy to be honest! i would definatly not go cos then youre in a strange counrty where you know no one else (wheres he from?) what if your phone got stolen, or even worse your passport! then youre stranded! maybe leave him for a bit, but if he does start talking to you again and keeps asking you about it ask him what his intentions are oooor make up a complete lie and tell him you have to work in the holidays or visit family or wash your hair or something!!!

:ahee:

Rancorous

basically he wants to bone you, simples.

just remember guys and girls are never friends - one always wants the other unless they both want each other...or one or both sort of thihks the other is kinda fit, but wouldn't act on it for friendship, but given the right opportunity being horny, would.

You're one to beat around the bush. If THAT is the case (ugh!), there's ample opportunity here (in this country)?

amsie/

where is he from? that might be ok in some culture but he could be a creep for all you know. maybe keep him as a distant friend but don't go...

Let's just say, his culture doesn't allow for that sort of thing. Hence, offered a hotel room rather than a room at his family home

captain92

If this guy was targetting you for nefarious reasons, he would probably know to look for girls with low confidence who aren't likely to go running to somebody for help, and just doubt their own instincts.

:s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by charcharchar
Sex trafficking

who is that in your sig? he's hottttttttt
Reply 24
Original post by Emor
NP ^_^. Emor/Emma/Emma-Louise/EMZ/Em/etc. w.e you want LOL. Most people online call me Emor though.
Maybe you came across as more accepting than most? Guys who are desperate, imo, tend to fall for any girl who they think they have a chance with, it doesn't really matter whether objectively they are amazing or not, in their head they are. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
Not to imply that you're mediocre, you seem like quite a nice person from your OP.
EMZ=]

Emor, it is then :smile:
Thanks alot for your advice.
I think I'll do what my head says, and simply keep away-why take the chance.
Original post by Blueflare
Going to another country on your own with him sounds a little dodgy. You could take a friend or something?

Ah, but as Luceria has already mentioned, in Taken she takes her friend but still they get in the faeces.
Original post by Anonymous

You're one to beat around the bush. If THAT is the case (ugh!), there's ample opportunity here (in this country)?

Maybe, maybe he thinks you're interested already, maybe he's looking for the perfect setting for the kill, who knows, maybe he'll chicken out. I'm not omniscient soz.
Reply 27
Original post by Rancorous
Maybe, maybe he thinks you're interested already, maybe he's looking for the perfect setting for the kill, who knows, maybe he'll chicken out. I'm not omniscient soz.

And maybe you're just insane. :tongue: But thanks for flagging this up..
Reply 28
I agree with you - why take the risk? Shame to lose him as a friend though since you say it makes you feel bad to ignore him - no reason why you can't just get to know him (in public safe places!!) that way you'll probably get a clearer picture of his character and why he would make such a bizarre request in the first place!!

p.s. don't feel you're not beautiful - everybody is in their own way and anyway we WAY underestimate how much guys care about what you are like as a person and how much fun it is to be with you - there are a lot of different forms of beauty, not just what you look like and whether it is considered conventionally attractive- there's every chance he did genuinely really like you :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
I met a guy at uni, he was really nice and we always had a good laugh (nothing physical).
He asked me a couple of times if i'd like to go back home to his country and each occasion i smiled but deep down wasn't sure what his intentions were.
Then, i decided to be honest when he asked me the third time...i told him it would be odd for me to turn up at his family home to which he replied ''i'll book you into a hotel''. From that point on, I honestly thought he was dodgy :s-smilie: I have ignored him since.

Would you say I made the right conclusion, girls? :confused:

I dont think ur in the wrong at all. I wouldnt go back to a country with a guy, when i met his parents i'd be thinking 'omg..i hope you dont think im marrying him or anything'' aha
i would think it was dodgy too
i wouldnt ignore him completely though- i can see why u have chosen too though, cos u wouldnt wanna be put in the position when he asks you to go to his country again

dont worry your not in the wrong at all, i think many girls would do exactly the same! the majority actually, dont worry about it :smile: :smile: :smile:
What's the harm in going? Just go, stop bring paranoid. Trust me...
Hmm I don't blame you for being so wary. It's hard to trust people these days..
It sounds like if you are so unsure on his intentions that you don't know him overly well... and if you don't know him very well.... well there's your answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending