The Student Room Group

Girls who have a lot of fat around their stomach area

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's just genetics? Like how someone may have freckles or be tall. It doesn't make you a freak, it makes you an individual.
Original post by .Ali.
Actually, apple means no wasit...It means braod shoulders, no waist, medium-big boobs, and small legs.

Apples usually have the biggest boobs, actually, and the biggest stomachs. Most of the weight is carried ABOVE the hips, unlike the pear shape where it's carried on and below.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that strictly saying they're straight up and down isn't right. You'd be like that if you had an athletic or boyish figure, but certainly not apple.
Reply 22
Original post by lovely_me
Evidence m8.

Most girls are quite podgy (relative to men).

Their body fat percentages are higher because they have boobs and round, juicy butts.

Male body fat percentages (7-12%) tend to be lower than female body fat percentages (20-30%).
Reply 23
Original post by psychocustard
Apples usually have the biggest boobs, actually, and the biggest stomachs. Most of the weight is carried ABOVE the hips, unlike the pear shape where it's carried on and below.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that strictly saying they're straight up and down isn't right. You'd be like that if you had an athletic or boyish figure, but certainly not apple.

That's what I mean, hence why they have no waist and are straight.

Really? I thought hourglass figures and top heavy girls had the biggest boobs. :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Original post by effofex
Most girls are quite podgy (relative to men).

Their body fat percentages are higher because they have boobs and round, juicy butts.

Male body fat percentages (7-12%) tend to be lower than female body fat percentages (20-30%).

Having boobs and a butt doesn't mean they're podgy. :curious:
Original post by .Ali.
That's what I mean, hence why they have no waist and are straight.

Really? I thought hourglass figures and top heavy girls had the biggest boobs. :s-smilie:

No, they're not straight, that's the point. They bulge in the middle, like an apple... That's why they're called apple shaped.
Original post by xfactorfan
I'm sure I'm right in saying that girls build up fat mostly around their hips, bum and thigh region. And guys build up fat mostly around their stomach area.

so if a girl has a lot of fat around her stomach area, what does that mean? does it mean she's VERY fat, or she doesn't have the correct hormone balances, or what?

For myself, I would say thighs and stomach. I think it means I should stop eating sweets (I do not eat a lot anyway) and keep doing those sit-ups. I'm not fat, and even when I was like 53 kg, I still didn't have a flat stomach.
It's just how your built, your body will store fat in different places, it's nothing to do with "how" fat you are. and to the douche who said most girls are podgy....can't really see you getting a girlfriend in the near future.
Reply 28
Original post by .Ali.
Having boobs and a butt doesn't mean they're podgy. :curious:

We are talking about relative podginess here.

The average woman will be podgier than the average man.

Big, bouncy boobs and round, juicy butts are full of podge.

Bingo wings, wobbly thighs and squidgy tummies may contribute to additional podginess.
Reply 29
Original post by psychocustard
No, they're not straight, that's the point. They bulge in the middle, like an apple... That's why they're called apple shaped.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-463393/Which-bikini-best-you.html

Look at the apple shaped girl. She is straight. I don't mean she doesn't have boobs, just that she has no defined wasit.
Reply 30
Original post by effofex
We are talking about relative podginess here.

The average woman will be podgier than the average man.

Big, bouncy boobs and round, juicy butts are full of podge.

Bingo wings, wobbly thighs and squidgy tummies may contribute to additional podginess.

Boobs and butts do not equal podginess. You can have firm butts and boobs.

I would agree she'd have a higher body fat %, but that doesn't automatically mean she is podgy.
It means she has an apple body shape.
Apple shape is basically round btw. Boyish shape is straight up and down, I should know because I am this! *sobs*
Reply 33
Original post by .Ali.
Boobs and butts do not equal podginess. You can have firm butts and boobs.

I would agree she'd have a higher body fat %, but that doesn't automatically mean she is podgy.

Podge = fat.

Women (like men) will have gluteus maximus muscles but are more likely to have more fat in their butts than men. Therefore they are podgier. This is expected.

So from the perspective of the average male, most girls would be quite podgy.
Reply 34
Original post by effofex
Podge = fat.

Women (like men) will have gluteus maximus muscles but are more likely to have more fat in their butts than men. Therefore they are podgier. This is expected.

So from the perspective of the average male, most girls would be quite podgy.

Well clearly boobs and butts have fat in them, but having butts and boobs doesn't mean you're fat. Most males wouldn't view girls as podgy. I have biggish boobs and a reasonable butt, and I'm not particularly 'podgy'. My BMI was something like 18.2 last time I checked.
Every girl has a completely different shape. For example, I am a very exaggerated pear shape, I have slim arms, narrow shoulder, small bust (34B), and a slim-ish waist. But my hips are very wide, and practically all of my fat is carried on my bum and thighs. I have a 12 inch difference between my waist and hips measurement.
My friend, however, has extremely slim legs, and also has fairly slim arms, but carries all of her weight on her stomach and no matter how hard she tries it just won't go flat. She actually got asked one day when her baby was due...:/
Reply 36
Original post by .Ali.
Well clearly boobs and butts have fat in them, but having butts and boobs doesn't mean you're fat. Most males wouldn't view girls as podgy. I have biggish boobs and a reasonable butt, and I'm not particularly 'podgy'. My BMI was something like 18.2 last time I checked.

'Fat' is more of a subjective term rather than one with sufficient empirical backing.

BMI = 'mass (kg) / (height (m))^2'.

People with a BMI in excess of 25 are termed 'overweight', but they could be "muscly" rather than "podgy", especially since muscle mass per unit area weighs more than adipose tissue mass per unit area.

From the perspective of the average man (i.e compared to himself) most girls would be quite podgy due to their higher body fat percentage - however this does not mean most girls are overweight.
Reply 37
Original post by natashapt
It's just how your built, your body will store fat in different places, it's nothing to do with "how" fat you are. and to the douche who said most girls are podgy....can't really see you getting a girlfriend in the near future.

But most girls are quite podgy.
I suspect genetics is the correct answer.

Like my Mum, I'm a slim size 10 with slender legs and small bum and hips etc, but I have a bit of a cushion of fat on my stomach. The only time I have ever lost that is when I have become so thin elsewhere that people start questioning whether I have an eating disorder.

My sister takes after my Dad's family. She's always had a flat stomach, even when a size 14, but gets HUGE thighs. My thighs are always skinny, no matter how fat I get.
Reply 39
Original post by xfactorfan
I'm sure I'm right in saying that girls build up fat mostly around their hips, bum and thigh region. And guys build up fat mostly around their stomach area.

so if a girl has a lot of fat around her stomach area, what does that mean? does it mean she's VERY fat, or she doesn't have the correct hormone balances, or what?

Women have different body shapes, majority of women are usually a pear-ish shape - so more fat around bum, thighs and hips. Other shapes are hourglass (broad shoulders, larger chest, small waist, hips 2 inches bigger than chest), athletic (straight up and down, smaller hips, smaller bust, usually tall, slender, long legs, toned) and apple which is what you have described (fat carried around the stomach).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending