The Student Room Group

My first ever argument with my mum! she has trust issues or something? :S

Hello, I’m an 18 year old muslim girl (well maybe it is better if I say born muslim) my parents hardly let me go out, as I live under their roof and use their money I live by their rules.
Yesterday I came home and I asked my mum if I could go to the shopping centre and buy this item. She said yes but get home early and I told her yeah I will mum, do you want to come with me and she said no. I came home around 7:30 and she didn’t say anything.
Today I had lessons from 10 to 5:15. Last night I told her that I was going to finish late and the item that I got was too big so I have to go and exchange it. She said fine! So today around 6 I called her saying I’m on my way to the shopping centre and I will be home as soon as I’m done. And she started shouting saying well hurry up and cut the phone! I exchanged the item and there was so much traffic on my way back home, the bus was literally moving every 5 minutes. I just got home now, and she said to me why did you come home late? I replied there was a lot of traffic on the road. And she started shouting I hope if you’re lying to me you will never get into university and be successful in your life. I already had a bad day at college and I was tired and angry! SO I shouted back saying how am I lying to you, I told you last night I finish late and I have to go to the shops. Where else can I go, I always go to college and come home straight away, my mates go out all the time I never complain and do well at school, now you’re telling me I’m lying to you. And she said well this year you have been around your mates too much, you’ve gone out too much! What the hell. Going out too much! I only been out once from the beginning of the year and got home at 8:30 (it was my friend’s bday dinner) she said no you have been out twice! (in my head WTF) I was like look mum If I’m lying to you now, I hope nothing good happen in my life ever, I don’t lie to you, you always check on me, how can I lie? She said ok enough stop talking bull**** and I shouted back I’m not talking bull you are the one who is saying things which doesn’t even make sense. She said so you’re telling me I’m talking S***. I didn’t say anything and walked away.

I know I sound like a p**sy but in a muslim family you can’t ever talk to your parents like this or raise voices. I have always respected my parents so much, my social life is messed up because I’m never able to go out or anything. I just don’t know what to do anymore. my only motivation is the fact that I’m moving out soon. I know the argument that I just had with my mum is nothing compared to other people’s by I’m so angry and fed up with the way she is treating me, It’s like I live in a prison and now she is telling me that I’m lying and going out behind her back.
I want to talk to her and tell her she has nothing to worry about. I do lie to my parents about smoking, and sometimes going out after school when I finish early but this is my only option (this happens rarely as she knows my time table). My brother is at university and he always used to stand up for me in these situations and him not being here I feel really lonely at home. My mum isn’t acting like a mum and my dad just sits there and doesn’t care. :frown:
Very sorry about this long post,

any advice on how to speak to my mum about the situation or how to deal with it OR should I just not speak to her (im sure she is not speaking to me haha)
(edited 13 years ago)
I only read the title, but may I suggest pimp slapping her?
Reply 2
I think your mum is crazy since she classes going out once as too much
Reply 3
any advice on how to speak to my mum about the situation or how to deal with it :frown:
Reply 4
tl;dr but first ever? Jeez, must be some serious repressed emotions going on there.
Reply 5
Original post by EmperorMustard
I only read the title, but may I suggest pimp slapping her?

I read the whole thing, and I concur
cool story bro
Reply 7

Pimp coat, matching pimp hat and pimp cain. Buy these items, £40 including delivery. Wear said items and approach mother. Raise your arm upwards at a 45 degree angle so your back hand is facing your mother.

Bring hand down in a swift manner, backhand striking the cheek of your mother in the process.

Repeat if necessary.

Either that or grit your teeth and wait till you move out, your choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending