The Student Room Group

Do you sleep with your partner when your/their parents are in?

And if you do, do you try and be quiet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. And no. They love it.
Reply 2
Why do you need to be quiet when you're sleeping? :s-smilie:
At first, no, but then I was like '**** it', cuz the opportunity doesn't come round much when we're together and the house is empty (literally never).

Try to be quiet but I have a well dodgy loft bed..
Reply 4
When i was in a relationship, no. Mainly because his parents wouldn't let us share a room together at night, and in the morning if he came into the room i was in, his mother would shout up and if he didn't come down she would send his little brother up. Also my ex didn't come to my house because i lived away from home in the same city as him, and my parents lived further away.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
And if you do, do you try and be quiet?

Yes and yes, although my bed's quiet and I have thick walls so there's not much to worry about! My parents know that we're doing it, so they know there's no point in restrictions etc.
Reply 6
We were quiet. :ninja:
My dad was asleep and is kind of deaf anyway lol. :p:
Reply 7
Yes and yes.
Reply 8
Should be no problem if you are not so loud that it requires that the tele be turned up to hear the program or it wakes them up.
no. my parents are pretty conservative about sex and if they found me they would kill me.
Original post by lonely14

Original post by lonely14
Why do you need to be quiet when you're sleeping? :s-smilie:

Was about to ask the same thing.

But to answer OPs question, yes im a quiet sleeper. I don't snore. :ninjagirl:
The first time I did it her parents were told we were working on a geography project :colone:.
Not usually parents no... his mother wouldn't approve. However yes with siblings..
Reply 13
I have with my ex on many occasions. My mum definitely knew and didnt actually care as long as I was being safe. We both think his parents knew considering id sleep over his house a lot and share his bed. And his bed does creak....They never said anything though.

As long as you're respectful and are not too noisy, then i guess its okay?
Yes and yes. Sometimes fail at being quiet though and then there's the embarassing moment in the kitchen in the morning where everyone laughs about it, oh the shame..
Yeah, why not. As long as youre quiet (just out of respect really, I don't want to hear my mum screwing so why should she have to hear me?)

And for all you guys saying about creaky beds....that's what the floor's for :wink:
Reply 16
Not at mine really cause my door isn't proper so has to be open all the time, stupid small room. At his sometimes, as long as his cousins aren't over which they are a lot in school holidays.
We live together at uni though so most of the time we are together
Reply 17
Tbh I haven't seen my girlfriend in so long I don't really care if my parents know we're at it.
Reply 18
Everytime I go to my girlfriend's parent's house her dad tells me we cant sleep together.

Its a shame, I really like him :biggrin:
At her house we did, even though they slept bellow us. Her dad has guns though, and was american. We tried to be quiet.

At mine we did it in the evening, constantly at risk of being walked in on.

We're no longer together. She had gas...

Incidently, my friend has the worst luck with being walked in on by his parents. Of his three girlfriends, he has been caught with all 3 of them, and as a result his parents think he's a massive playah when they've all been proper relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending