The Student Room Group

Loving 2 people

Ok, this is another i'm pathetic and confused post so I apologise.

I've had a girlfriend for nearly a year and can honestly say that I am/was in love with her but recently i've been getting much closer to another person. She keeps getting with another guy and she mentions him, but I'm not sure they are really in a relationship as such, it seems to be slightly more of a fling thing. But yeah, I'm getting quite close to her and she is really flirty with me as well and wants to do things etc. I think I'm starting to fall for her though and I really dont know what to do. I dont want to ruin one relationship only to find the other one can't go anywhere. Any advice, I think i'm just confused about what to do and its really starting to get to me cos I cant stop thinking about this.

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

I've had a girlfriend for nearly a year and can honestly say that I am/was in love with her but recently i've been getting much closer to another person. She keeps getting with another guy and she mentions him, but I'm not sure they are really in a relationship as such, it seems to be slightly more of a fling thing. But yeah, I'm getting quite close to her and she is really flirty with me as well and wants to do things etc. I think I'm starting to fall for her though and I really dont know what to do. I dont want to ruin one relationship only to find the other one can't go anywhere. Any advice, I think i'm just confused about what to do and its really starting to get to me cos I cant stop thinking about this.

thanks

You can't have it both ways mate. The problem here lies in your current relationship and the fact that you're less interested in her so your eyes are drifting to someone else. Whatever you do do not lead the new girl on whilst you're still with your current girlfriend, you ultimately need to choose before your positive & negative feelings for both these girls develop further.
distance yourself from this new girl. if you love your girlfriend dont comprimise it. being in love with 2 people is a horrible situation, stop before you get in too deep otherwise it could get very messy
good luck
Reply 3
Hmm, seems a bit selfish, no?

If you're seriously considering pushing aside your current girlfriend for this other girl, maybe she isn't the one for you? Is she completely unaware of this (your current girlfriend)? It seems a bit unfair on her really :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by Susant
Hmm, seems a bit selfish, no?

If you're seriously considering pushing aside your current girlfriend for this other girl, maybe she isn't the one for you? Is she completely unaware of this (your current girlfriend)? It seems a bit unfair on her really :dontknow:

Yeah i know its unfair which is why i'm gonna feel like a knob either way. She is defo aware that I have a gf, but i'm confused as to why she is so flirty when she potentially has a boyfriend

recently I've been arguing loads with my gf which is probably making the situation worse because i can be happier around other people, but i dont know if we can make it work again.
Reply 5
Sorry misunderstood the post, err my gf seems to know something about it but not really everything that i feel etc
Reply 6
I agree with ginger. Distance yourself from the other girl. I'm not sure how your girlfriend is, but to me she comes across as much better than the other girl who flirts with you knowing you're in relationship, and is in some fling/on off boyfriend thing herself.
You need to work out whether you love your girlfriend, or loved her.
You're just going through that frivolous phase some couples get where things die down for a while and you start being strained and other prospects seem more attractive. Don't throw what you have away for the sake of some girl you enjoy flirting with.
If there's nothing drastically wrong in your relationship - arguments are perfectly normal - then don't push away someone you love just for someone you sort of fancy.

If your relationship is falling apart or obviously not going anywhere (do you still love her?) then leave your girlfriend before you hurt her and by all means see if anything develops between you and the other girl. You've not hinted that this is the case by the way, so I'm inclined to think that the first option is more suitable at this point?
its funny actually, me and you are in identical situations except me and the boyf have been together 2 years and the other guy keeps asking me to go out with him. i have no idea what to do, but i think after new years im gonna end it with the boyfriend and then see how it goes with the other guy... you cant help falling out of love for someone.
Original post by Anonymous

thanks

the fact that the other girl is giving you attention is wat you like, maybe you aint interested in your girlfriend as much as you think, you cant say you love her and be thinkin about some other girl, the other girl probably wants you because your taken, thats it with girls they prefer guys who are taken and cant have, my advice would be, if you say you really love your girlfriend than dont give the satisfaction to this other girl as she will only leave you once you have split up from your long tym girl, because it wouldnt be as fun as doing things with a guy that is taken.
try spicing up things with ur current girlfriend it may help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending