The Student Room Group

Should I tell this guy I still like him?

I was seeing a guy last summer, got to know each other really well and I knew he liked me a lot. But at the end of the summer he ended things. He said he liked me enough to see me as into a relationship but at the moment it wasnt what he wanted. He said he was in two heavy relationships before hand, a 3yr and 1yr relationship and they both ended so badly (his girlfriend had actually broken up with him when we started seeing each other, but he told me I wasnt a rebound).

Its been three months since Ive last seen him (we go to different colleges), but I still have feelings for him. Should I tell him how I feel even though he ended things? I know he liked me a lot.

Soooo...basically would ye tell a guy you still like them and have feelings for them even though they ended things?

Any comments Ill greatly appreciate, its eating me up inside! :frown:
Reply 1
Tell him.
What's the worst that will happen?
You guys don't speak nor see eachother anyway.
tell him. you don't have nothing to lose
and do it before its too late! trust me
you'll regret it even more if hes in another relationship or something.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I was seeing a guy last summer, got to know each other really well and I knew he liked me a lot. But at the end of the summer he ended things. He said he liked me enough to see me as into a relationship but at the moment it wasnt what he wanted. He said he was in two heavy relationships before hand, a 3yr and 1yr relationship and they both ended so badly (his girlfriend had actually broken up with him when we started seeing each other, but he told me I wasnt a rebound).
(

lol so naive.
I actually feel sorry for you.
You haven't seen him in three months and so when you think of him, you're thinking of him with the feelings you had three months ago. You might see him now and realise that you've actually moved on.
Reply 5
Original post by Imperatore
lol so naive.
I actually feel sorry for you.

Sorry I was a bit blunt saying that but I wanted to keep things short...we had a conversation one night, we were talking about his ex and I told him that I thought he was using me to get over his girlfriend i.e. I was a rebound. It was just a passing thought, but he told me that I wasnt and that he thought very highly of me, he liked me a lot and didnt want things to end.

Ive met guys since, more or less to make myself feel better, Ive had fun, in first year, but I cant get over him. I met a guy the other night who said he liked me over the summer, but I was seeing that guy at the time, but I feel nothing for him. I dont know whats wrong with me.
Reply 6
Nothing is wrong with you, you've just had the door slammed in your face, figuratively speaking.

Respect his wishes, keep in touch with him. I'm sure he'll follow up something with you when he's ready.
Reply 7
Thank you all for the replies so far!

I think its true what someone previously said that because I havent seen him (or had the oppurtunity to be 'friends' with him as such) is the reason I still have the same feelings for him as three months ago.

But I know I still have the same feelings for him regardless.

I do respect his wishes, but after this time I cant help feel that he could feel differently, and I know its so bad to think this way...

And even if he doesnt feel the same, then at least I through it out there and told him how it is? Surely he should understand and not judge me for it?

This is so frustrating, I want to be with him but if I cant have that I want to move on, its killing me inside...
Reply 8
I wouldn't tell him, because i'm shy and that's just me.. but if you like this guy, and he apparently likes you, tell him. You rarely see each other anyway, so what's the worst that can happen?

At least if he still doesn't want to get together, you can move on, right?
You don't need to tell him you like him like HI I AM INFATUATED WITH YOU, just invite him out for coffee or something, damn, you can tell this is a student forum when everyone is getting into relationships by going 'will you go out with me please?'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending