The Student Room Group

Had to go off work AGAIN

Hi,

I currently work full time for a care agency. In a normal working day I walk between 15-25 miles. I intend to join the Fire Service or the Navy at some point, and therefore can't have any permenant, long-term injuries.

I sprained my ankle quite badly last week slipping on the ice, I couldn't really put any weight on it the first few days. I Ended up going the hospital, and thankfully didn't break anything but was advidsed by the doctor to rest it for 1 - 3 weeks with some light weight bearing as it was quite a bad sprain. He also advised I arrange some Physio.

I had 5 days off with much bother from them. I was essentially forced to go back in before I felt it was better, and it still hurt when I went back 2 days ago.

Anyway, it gave way this evening as I was headding up to bed and I figured it would be ok but it really isn't. It's just as bad as when I first done it so I'm really quite worried in the long term if I've incurred a permenant injury. I figure I need to rest it and get some physio done on it.

So I phoned about an hour ago saying I'm going to be off etc, I know it's short notice but it's better than tomorrow morning. She was very funny with me, trying to guilt trip me and then got more agressive. We are short of staff, but that's by no means my responsibility. She then said she's going to put me off for 3 weeks and I need a doctors note or I wont get paid.

I am absolutely livid, I feel like getting my doctors note and sending it in accompanied with my resignation. It's not my fault this happened, but I can't walk on a messed up ankle, and I can't risk my future career aspirations for 3 weeks work. The only thing I am worried about is the reference from them.

Thoughts people?
(edited 13 years ago)
I've seen this EXACT thread before posted on a different account, what on earth are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I've seen this EXACT thread before posted on a different account, what on earth are you doing?

Theres something freaky going on today, swear theres been 3 or 4 recycled threads every day.
Original post by wangelo
Theres something freaky going on today, swear theres been 3 or 4 recycled threads every day.

Very strange, I suspect a conspiracy!
Oh, and just got sent a private message by this joker calling me a not very nice name for airing his public ban. :frown: Think I may go have a cry now
Reply 6
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Oh, and just got sent a private message by this joker calling me a not very nice name for airing his public ban. :frown: Think I may go have a cry now

:console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending