The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelshmaylevel92

Yes? No? Why?

Why not?

Being attractive does not always, 100%, mean that you are sociable.
Loneliness is an existential issue rather than being based on who is 'bang tidy'.
Yes, of course. Anyone can be lonely.
Yes, I think so. If you're attractive, that tends to be the first thing people notice and they never really look deeper than your outside appearance. Attractive people may get lots of attention but none of it really counts until someone is willing to look beyond that, which takes a very mature person. On the other hand, people who aren't so physically attractive may not be stared at by every member of the opposite sex (and some of the same sex too!), but the relationships they have really count because their partner has appreciated them for their personality rather than what they look like, which always makes for a more meaningful relationship.
Reply 5
If you are that attractive it may put people off approaching you as they think they don't have a chance.
Yes :frown: fml
Reply 7
Erm yeah!

*cough*
Reply 8
Charlie Harper sure is.
Reply 9
I see myself I believe it to be true.
Original post by LornaSandison1
Yes, I think so. If you're attractive, that tends to be the first thing people notice and they never really look deeper than your outside appearance. Attractive people may get lots of attention but none of it really counts until someone is willing to look beyond that, which takes a very mature person. On the other hand, people who aren't so physically attractive may not be stared at by every member of the opposite sex (and some of the same sex too!), but the relationships they have really count because their partner has appreciated them for their personality rather than what they look like, which always makes for a more meaningful relationship.

Thats true you know, but when i say lonely, i dont mean relationship wise, i mean like having actual friends, like a group of girls you can call your friends who you hang out with.
Reply 11
Original post by lonely14
Erm yeah!

*cough*

Ach - you beat me to it!

Seriously though - you can be banging 20 women a week and still be lonely.
You can have the best friends you can hope for and still be lonely.
What defines being lonely is more about how people feel around other people rather than simply having people around them.
Reply 12
Haha, yes they can be:tongue: Why? Maybe sometimes how social you are is more important to people than how beautiful you are.
Reply 13
Original post by Manitude
Ach - you beat me to it!

Seriously though - you can be banging 20 women a week and still be lonely.
You can have the best friends you can hope for and still be lonely.
What defines being lonely is more about how people feel around other people rather than simply having people around them.

So you would define introverts as lonely?

OP - Yes you can.
Reply 14
Original post by No Man
So you would define introverts as lonely?

OP - Yes you can.

It depends whether they consider themselves lonely.
If they're happy with their own company then no they wouldn't be lonely.
If they strive for more contact with other people, then yes.
I haven't explained myself very well I'm afraid.
Reply 15
Yes, of course. You can be lonely even though you have friends and you are in a relationship. You may feel that those people don't really know you or that you don't feel that they "understand" you.
Thats true you know, but when i say lonely, i dont mean relationship wise, i mean like having actual friends, like a group of girls you can call your friends who you hang out with.

Ah right. Well, I guess it's the same problem. Being attractive gets you a lot of attention - girls saying "oh I'm so jealous, you're so pretty." Everyone wants to hang out with you. Great, but that doesn't constitute a good friendship.

Alternatively, there can be a lot of bitching associated with being attractive, which can be a very lonely thing indeed.
Of course. Anyone can get lonely. I know at least one extremely good-looking person who's very lonely... and that's just me knowing about that particular situation. I probs know tons of good-looking people who are lonely, even if I don't necessarily know they feel like that :yes:
Yes? No? Why?

Yes, savagely.
I'm lonely :frown: I just sit at home alone, all day, staring at myself in the mirror, ****ing into a cup.

Latest

Trending

Trending