The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who smokes joints every day?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it's a very nice place to be. IMO, smoking weed should be a social activity like drinking alcohol. Not something you use as a crutch. I went through a period where I smoked weed everyday. I lost a lot of motivation, although I did gain some serious countdown expertise.
Original post by ellakrystina
Never. I view people who do drugs as weak.

Do you drink alcohol ?
Reply 22
Yeah I would, because if I had the money I would smoke it everyday

And its only weed, does no harm except making me a bit lazy
No.
Reply 24
No.
I'd probably join them to be honest..
No, not because I don't like drugs full stop it's rather because I wouldn't want my bf dependent on a substance to relax.

A drink or a smoke every now and again is cool, but if it's on a regular then that opens doors to addiction, dependence and withdrawal, all horrible things to deal with.

And before people go OMG NoT ADDICTIVE!...well I have a friend who regularly smoked a couple..which went to a ****load of blunts over time...to full blown dependence otherwise he got stressed irritable and moody as ****.

He also mongs out and gets real lazy, which would annoy me if I wanted to jiggy time. :sexface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by JustMee
Sure, as long as she's a productive junkie (I do realise junkie doesn't apply to weed, can't think of a better word) =]

"Stoner"? :bong2:

Guys, seriously: there is nothing wrong with smoking weed every day. OP says he smokes one or two a day to chill, he's not doing it to get off his face. Is that any different to having a couple of cans of beer or a glass of whiskey when you get home from work to take the edge off?

I know someone who has been smoking weed every day for the last 16 years. He holds down two jobs. That pretty much quashes any argument anyone can come up with concerning "Oh it'll make you lazy, you'll never get anything done".
It's not about how often you smoke, it's about how much you pack them. The guy in my example usually has 3 or 4 a day, but he only puts a little bit in them. He's not off his face, he's just chilled (me saying that reminded me of "He ain't heavy, he's my brother" for some reason).
Reply 28
Yeah, I wouldn't mind as long as she doesn't **** up her own life, as long as she's responsible with weed then that's fine.
2 or 3 times a week - yes.
every single day - no, sorry. As much as I love weed, too much is too much.
Reply 30
No. If they couldn't relax in the evenings without a bit of weed they're not the sort of person I'd wanna be with.
No but I wouldn't mind dating someone who smoked though just not joints.
as long as they don't touch my stash.
Original post by Drunk Punx

Guys, seriously: there is nothing wrong with smoking weed every day. OP says he smokes one or two a day to chill, he's not doing it to get off his face. Is that any different to having a couple of cans of beer or a glass of whiskey when you get home from work to take the edge off?

I know someone who has been smoking weed every day for the last 16 years. He holds down two jobs. That pretty much quashes any argument anyone can come up with concerning "Oh it'll make you lazy, you'll never get anything done".
It's not about how often you smoke, it's about how much you pack them. The guy in my example usually has 3 or 4 a day, but he only puts a little bit in them. He's not off his face, he's just chilled (me saying that reminded me of "He ain't heavy, he's my brother" for some reason).

I smoke a lot of weed, but how do you know that there is nothing wrong with smoking every day ? Are you a health expert ?
Original post by Drunk Punx

Some people can smoke weed ever day and be fine; i smoke every day, smoking right now in fact.

However, i don't think saying there's nothing wrong with smoking weed every day is correct, because peoples bodies vary so much, where one person may be fine smoking every day, another may become a paranoid mess.

Admittedly, smoking weed every day is a LOT less harmful than if you were to drink alcohol every day, but even though i'm a daily smoker, i definitely don't think being high all the time is a good thing.

Moderation is key to using any drug safely.

I also think smoking cannabis every day is a symptom of something else (i.e depression) which people use the cannabis to mask/treat.
Heroin and drugs like that is a deal breaker. Drugs prescribed for medical reasons is fine. Smoking is normally a deal breaker for me. Alcohol... can overlook that.
Reply 36
I would (and do) date someone who regularly smokes weed - but not when it's a daily thing that starts taking priority over anything else. Smoking it socially is fine by me though.
Reply 37
No, they obviously have problems.
I wouldn't want to date someone who smokes weed every single day. I used to smoke every day from the ages 14-20 and now I cant touch the stuff because it induces terrible paranoia. I don't mind if people do it a few times a week but I find it can make people too lazy.
Original post by Eveiebaby
I wouldn't want to date someone who smokes weed every single day. I used to smoke every day from the ages 14-20 and now I cant touch the stuff because it induces terrible paranoia. I don't mind if people do it a few times a week but I find it can make people too lazy.

If you go announcing this many will find you undateable. Smoking is not a minor act, it's a serious character flaw/dysfunction in my opinion. Good that you stopped smoking though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending