The Student Room Group

How to move on quickly?

I'm heartbroken at the moment and it's killing me. This guy I really liked basically has been treating me like crap until he broke up with me.

Breakups happen, and it gets better with time, I know. Thing is, I'm in my final semester at uni, my finals are coming up in 2 months, my dissertation deadline is imminent, and I cannot focus at all. I also need to start job-hunting, I'm late already and it's not helping.

I need to get over this as quickly as I can - and I've tried keeping myself busy by going out and meeting loads of new people, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

Please help.
How do you get over someone? Get under someone else.
Reply 2
i am going through the same thing. i have uni assignments and i can only think of my ex. i feel like a weight is on my stomach and i constantly have a lump in my throat. its awful but i cant move on yet- i still love him :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm heartbroken at the moment and it's killing me. This guy I really liked basically has been treating me like crap until he broke up with me.

Breakups happen, and it gets better with time, I know. Thing is, I'm in my final semester at uni, my finals are coming up in 2 months, my dissertation deadline is imminent, and I cannot focus at all. I also need to start job-hunting, I'm late already and it's not helping.

I need to get over this as quickly as I can - and I've tried keeping myself busy by going out and meeting loads of new people, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

Please help.

Just think about how he treated you like crap and convince yourself that you are better off without him. Talk to someone maybe about it and get your feelings out, get angry or have a cry about it to get everything out. It may not do anything immediately but it should help. Also if you are feeling down do something to cheer yourself up like watch a film or listen to music. You will just have to try and use some will power to focus on our work, it may be hard but it can be done :smile:
Know what you're going through.

Broke up back in december but he asked me to get back with him recently and i stupidly met up with him and now it's worse and messier. and he seems fine to go out and focus on his exams without a care.

whereas I do think about him too much! and it's final year and we really need to focus.

I am unsure what to give you in ways of advice as I know how hard it is to just tell you to get out there and keep yourself busy.

But really try and get into your work. and do spend alot of time with your friends. I find that's the best way. laugh with them. and just get your work out of the way. I know it's not easy but you can't let him mess your life up any more than he has.

Use your hurt as fuel to do well and motivate yourself.

and if you have him on facebook or anything delete him. block his phone number. anything you can to get rid of him. I know everything will remind you of him atm but I find the less it's in your face the easier it is.

really hope you're ok x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending