The Student Room Group

SOOOO confused on the number of UCAS points I aim to get?

My realistic target is:

Distinction in Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (this is basically the equivalent of 1 A level)

Distinction in Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business (same thing but this time in Business Studies)

'C' grade at AS Level ICT (which I hope to carry on next year and get a 'C' again)

Then I am also doing loads of other things and I am not sure if I get UCAS points for them (this is the bit which is really confusing me). Silver award for Duke Of Edinbrugh, Sports Leaders award (think that is a Level 2 award), Work skills and First Aid.
Reply 1
Check this out:
http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

Look for your qualifications to see what they're worth. It's in alphabetical order.
Melaine-v - It does not have some of the extra curricular things on it like first aid, DofE etc. So I am not sure if this means you get no UCAS points for them, or if they just do not have them on there.
Reply 3
Original post by hamburgerandbeans
Melaine-v - It does not have some of the extra curricular things on it like first aid, DofE etc. So I am not sure if this means you get no UCAS points for them, or if they just do not have them on there.
If it's not on the list, you don't get UCAS points for it. Why would UCAS publish an incomplete list anyway :confused:

You will need to check with the unis that interest you whether they will accept the qualifications you are offering for the course you want to do. Do this now, not later, would be my advice.
Reply 4

My realistic target is:

Distinction in Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (this is basically the equivalent of 1 A level)

Distinction in Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business (same thing but this time in Business Studies)

'C' grade at AS Level ICT (which I hope to carry on next year and get a 'C' again)

The way i see it the 1st ones will be equivalent to 2 A'levels and 1 AS level
Basically AAC overall

So in theory u will end up with
A - 120 UCAS
A - 120 UCAS
C - 80 UCAS
so basically you will end with 320 UCAS points which is quite decent

Then I am also doing loads of other things and I am not sure if I get UCAS points for them (this is the bit which is really confusing me). Silver award for Duke Of Edinbrugh, Sports Leaders award (think that is a Level 2 award), Work skills and First Aid.

I know nothing about these ones. I doubt if u'll get UCAS points from them to be honest
Reply 5
My realistic target is:

Basically AAC overall

A - 120 UCAS
A - 120 UCAS
C - 80 UCAS

I know nothing about these ones. I doubt if u'll get UCAS points from them to be honest
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
I hope you understand my comments.

Sorry i didnt structure it properly, im quite new to thing
Reply 7
Original post by *Hakz*
I hope you understand my comments.

Sorry i didnt structure it properly, im quite new to thing
I've sorted it out for you :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by *Hakz*
Basically AAC overall

A - 120 UCAS
A - 120 UCAS
C - 80 UCAS

Thanks. I am interested in sport. There are loads of Uni's I am interested in which have around 320 which are:

Chichester
Worcester
Portsmouth
Plymouth (there are 2 Uni's in Plymouth and I can't remember which was the one I liked)
Bristol (again, there are 2 Uni's in Bristol & I can't remember which one I liked)
Essex
Exeter
Canterbury
Winchester
University of Kent
Oxford Brookes
Brighton
Hertfordshire
Coventry
Straffordshire
Bedfordshire
Worcester
Middlesex
Buckinghamshire

The main ones are Chichester, Essex, Exeter Bristol (not sure which one), Plymouth (not sure which one), although all the others are still in consideration. I want to try and increase my UCAS points to roughly 390 so that I have a chance of going to Exeter (they require 390 UCAS points or somewhere around there). I was thinking of doing another AS level next year (probably in accounting).
Reply 9

Thanks. I am interested in sport. There are loads of Uni's I am interested in which have around 320 which are:

Bristol (again, there are 2 Uni's in Bristol & I can't remember which one I liked)

You'll be referring to UWE (University of the West of England).
The University of Bristol does not only not accept points, would not as low as 320, but lastly doesn't offer sport at all.
Original post by AnHuman
You'll be referring to UWE (University of the West of England).
The University of Bristol does not only not accept points, would not as low as 320, but lastly doesn't offer sport at all.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Reply 11
My realistic target is:

Are you doing Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport for AS or both(AS & A2).
Also how many have you spent on Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma??

Are you doing Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport for AS or both(AS & A2).
Also how many have you spent on Btec Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending