The Student Room Group

Am I the only guy who thinks this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiZZeeKiD
....you already are :teehee:

You like it :perv:
Reply 21
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I just saw the "Girls, what is the oldest guy you will go with?" thread and I think it's creepy that some of these girls aged 18 or so would happily date guys 9 or 10 years older than them!

Aside from hating it because older guys are inevitably more attractive than guys the same age as the girls making me, and probably other guys our age, feel somehow inadequately young (lol I know that sounds weird), I find it weird thinking that 18 year old girls would date a 28 year old who at that age might have been married for years, have a kid, and would have been discovering masturbation etc when the girl was still at nappy age?!

I'm not saying the guys shouldn't be attractive to 18 year old girls as that is an unfortunate truth but am I the only one who finds it creepy?

(P.S. This might have come from hearing my girlfriend's answer and then my brain imagining her with a 28 year old and me being freaked out)

Why is it creepy? I'm 16 and whilst I wouldn't date a 26 year old, 22/23 sure. I look a lot older (or so I'm told) and I find a lot of guys my own age to be a bit immature. What's so wrong with that? I'm legal, he's legal, everybody's legal. :sexface:
Reply 22
You guys are generalising with age too much. It's not really about the age. It's about the person. Some of you might think you'd never be interested in an 18 year old by the time you're 28 but you might end up falling in love with one. And not because of her age, but because of her personality. I tend to go for older guys - not because of his age or because he looks better than younger guys, but because, I just like the way he is. I just get along with older people. Whether partner or just friend.
Reply 23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_4vl_H-SI

Louis CK said it best. It's the stench of failure and looming death. And the stench.
Original post by .Ali.
Why is it creepy? I'm 16 and whilst I wouldn't date a 26 year old, 22/23 sure. I look a lot older (or so I'm told) and I find a lot of guys my own age to be a bit immature. What's so wrong with that? I'm legal, he's legal, everybody's legal. :sexface:

If a 23 year old man was prepared to date a 16 year old, it reeks of pure desperation.
Reply 25
Original post by 69Crazyfists
If a 23 year old man was prepared to date a 16 year old, it reeks of pure desperation.

Not really, as everyone is different and every relationship is different. They could have loads in common and get on fine. Obviously there would be cases where it wouldn't work, but there are also cases where it does. Age really doesn't matter in relationships.

Are you telling me if you were 26 and some hot 16 year old girl asked you out, you would say no?
Reply 27
Girls like to think they are grown up - its only when they hit 25+ they realise how sick it is.

My first girlfriend told me she dated a 40 year old at 16, she thought she was really grown up becuase he picked her up in a car.

Come to think of it I think it was her dad.

Anyway she was a good shag so at least he taught her something.
Reply 28
Original post by floralia
I do find it odd...I wouldn't even want to go out with someone a decade older than me, I don't like people constantly patronising me.

It really can though. What if an eighteen year old goes out with a twenty eight year old, then in five years he starts talking about wanting to start a family? If anyone told me to start a family in the next five years I'd run a mile. People that far apart can be in very different stages in their life, unless one partner is quite mature or the other is quite immature.

But that's what I mean, if one is mature or the other is a bit immature it may work perfectly. Yeah the life stages thing could cause problems but you have to talk about it. It may work, it may not. Plus that can happen at any age, my ex wanted a baby as 'soon as we could afford it' and he meant at about 18. I was like WTF YOU MAD? :lolwut: (we're the same age btw) So it's not always the age that causes the problem. If two people are willing to compromise (which happens in any relationship) I think it could work out.
Reply 29
its all about mental age...

True dat.

I ripped my mate hard for going out with a 16 year old when he was 21. I mean, you can't even go to the pub. He picked her up from school, wearing a uniform(her, not him, that would be weird). I mean, c'mon man. :lolwut: I'd feel like a right paedo.
True dat.

I ripped my mate hard for going out with a 16 year old when he was 21. I mean, you can't even go to the pub. He picked her up from school, wearing a uniform(her, not him, that would be weird). I mean, c'mon man. :lolwut: I'd feel like a right paedo.

I bet if you were 16 you would go out with a 21 year old.
Reply 32
Original post by OceanSoul
It's not really about the age. It's about the person. Some of you might think you'd never be interested in an 18 year old by the time you're 28 but you might end up falling in love with one. And not because of her age, but because of her personality.

This.

My boyfriend is a lot older than me (I'm 20 he's 30) but I don't even think about his age because I love him (and hopefully it's the same the other way around!).

He isn't immature, but he's lots of fun, and I always say to people that we 'meet in the middle' ie I'm pretty mature so we 'meet at 25'.

Who cares how old he is? He's a lovely guy :love:
Original post by Lewroll
I bet if you were 16 you would go out with a 21 year old.

Nah, I think they'd have to be a bit of a nobber to go out with someone that young, an 18 year old and a 23 year old is acceptable. 16, you're still in school or only just left, they are like little children to me.
Reply 34
Oh comon every girl on the planet likes to think "I'm more mature than most" "I'm mature for my age"

They all say it. Everysingle one.
There are some insecure bastards on this thread lol

Age is nothing. As long as it's two adults, who honestly cares. Maybe she's a gold digger, maybe she looks for a dad figure, who cares she isn't bothering you and it's legal.

I will just add that in my opinion women around 30-34 are at their peak in beauty. Younger women, as attractive as they can be, lack something, which grows as they hit their 30s. Sadly for women their physical appearance fades fast after their late 30s. Men do age a lot better so cheer up guys :-)
I could imagine how awkward the conversation would be, between a 17 year old and a 27 year old.

What you up too?
17 Year Old: Doing my history homework
27 year old: Paying off my mortgage..
Original post by silent ninja

I will just add that in my opinion women around 30-34 are at their peak in beauty. Younger women, as attractive as they can be, lack something, which grows as they hit their 30s.

Agree with this! (and err not just because I hit 30 last year >.< )
Nah, I think they'd have to be a bit of a nobber to go out with someone that young, an 18 year old and a 23 year old is acceptable. 16, you're still in school or only just left, they are like little children to me.

I feel sorry for americans. I think the legal age is 18 there, so they go to prison for :sexface: with a 16 year old. We are lucky :colonhash:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I just saw the "Girls, what is the oldest guy you will go with?" thread and I think it's creepy that some of these girls aged 18 or so would happily date guys 9 or 10 years older than them!

Aside from hating it because older guys are inevitably more attractive than guys the same age as the girls making me, and probably other guys our age, feel somehow inadequately young (lol I know that sounds weird), I find it weird thinking that 18 year old girls would date a 28 year old who at that age might have been married for years, have a kid, and would have been discovering masturbation etc when the girl was still at nappy age?!

I'm not saying the guys shouldn't be attractive to 18 year old girls as that is an unfortunate truth but am I the only one who finds it creepy?

(P.S. This might have come from hearing my girlfriend's answer and then my brain imagining her with a 28 year old and me being freaked out)

As a 29 year old male, i can tell you ive never been married and ive never had kids, due to a certain geektastic activity i belong to my friends range in age from late teens to late 40s. I can also state quite truthfully that about 80% of the people i know around my age also do not have kids and have never been married.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending