The Student Room Group

Crush... What I am supposed to do?

Ok well, basically I met this guy at the library a few days ago. He's a friend of a friend and soooo nice. I usually develop crushes on guys who generally smile a lot to me (not because they fancy me, but maybe because they're just nice), or say nice things etc. He's really attractive too and he's single. I told my friend I thought I liked him and he said "go for it! he's single!" but what am I supposed to do? It's not like we're friends. :s-smilie:

Then yesterday I met him at a party while I was dancing with a girlfriend. They know each other so they talked a while and he just said hi to me. I wanted so badly to say something else to him, but I just didn't know what... Then I got really depressed because I can't bring myself to be more brave and take the chance. I'm going back home and monday and probably won't see him for more than a month.

Any advice? What would you do? :frown:
Reply 1
I know it might sound like a stupid idea, but perhaps you could add him on facebook if you haven't already? If you have friends in common it won't seem that weird, and it would enable you to stay in touch with him while you're away. Like I said, it might seem stupid and I know that facebook is incredibly trivial, but it could be a short term solution at least.
Reply 2
Original post by d123
I know it might sound like a stupid idea, but perhaps you could add him on facebook if you haven't already? If you have friends in common it won't seem that weird, and it would enable you to stay in touch with him while you're away. Like I said, it might seem stupid and I know that facebook is incredibly trivial, but it could be a short term solution at least.

I think he was on facebook before, but now he's not anymore. I tried looking for him since we have friends in common but couldn't find him. :frown:

Thanks for the answer, anyway! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Ok well, basically I met this guy at the library a few days ago. He's a friend of a friend and soooo nice. I usually develop crushes on guys who generally smile a lot to me (not because they fancy me, but maybe because they're just nice), or say nice things etc. He's really attractive too and he's single. I told my friend I thought I liked him and he said "go for it! he's single!" but what am I supposed to do? It's not like we're friends. :s-smilie:

Then yesterday I met him at a party while I was dancing with a girlfriend. They know each other so they talked a while and he just said hi to me. I wanted so badly to say something else to him, but I just didn't know what... Then I got really depressed because I can't bring myself to be more brave and take the chance. I'm going back home and monday and probably won't see him for more than a month.

Any advice? What would you do? :frown:

Best thing you can do is try and find out more about him through your mutual friends. That way, you'll know what he likes and you could eventually initiate conversations regarding this. But to actually break the ice and make his proper acquaintance ask your mutual friends to do you a small favour and just introduce you.
Reply 4
Yea, mutual friends are the key here. Get them to invite you both to the pub so you can talk to him more yourself, and then just go from there, and ask him out for a drink yourself. Your friend seems to think its a good idea so why not!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending