The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notsocleverstudent
No, it's 30 mins for section 2 unless you meant it took you 10 mins to complete it.

And I'm not sure what book you have, but I doubt it's very accurate, as the BMAT is a very difficult test.

http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/digitalAssets/123910_BMAT_Section_2_2010.pdf
That's the past paper people sat for the 2011 entry (I think).

It was the "Pass the Bmat and UKCAT" book. I have also just looked at that paper and I still don't think it's that bad. :s-smilie: I am an idiot perhaps?
Original post by Beska
Yeh I know but I forgot. :o:

:lol: S'OK mister. :wink:

Just had a look :colone: The questions themselves are not as brain-twisting as I'd imagined, but given the time to do them in, it amounts to a very difficult paper :s-smilie:
Reply 603
To drop an a-level or not? I like my subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths) but surely less subjects gives a better chance of good grades. Just wondering if universities prefer four really.
Not at all. There are those people that are just that good and you might be one of them.

Give a few questions on that paper a go then see if you got them right. The mark scheme is on the BMAT website, under test preparations.

Don't! I have to do the bloody UKCAT and I'm terrible because I (kind of) love exams when I'm well prepared. None of the Unis that require BMAT will accept me - I've done two years of a previous degree and I'm a single mum with piss poor results from my scottish highers first time round - they actually have a million rules against me! Plus they are all very very expensive.

But yes, I will try a practise paper :colone: Lord knows, it can't hurt, and it will break the monotony of quote learning.
Original post by Crushy
To drop an a-level or not? I like my subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths) but surely less subjects gives a better chance of good grades. Just wondering if universities prefer four really.

Oh god please don't incite this argument again :rolleyes:
Unless you are sure you can manage all four, it's better to drop one and stick with three.
Did you apply for the 2011 entry already?

Yeah... 4 rejections! It's not all about the smarts peeps.

Definitely going on propanalol for my interviews next year...
back in this thread again hello everyone...internet was down for a whole 6 days :| it was horrible
Original post by atomos
back in this thread again hello everyone...internet was down for a whole 6 days :| it was horrible

Over Christmas we practically lost internet for 2 months, I know your pain :tongue:
Original post by Normandy114
Over Christmas we practically lost internet for 2 months, I know your pain :tongue:

Two months:eek: how did you live!
Anyone know what Exeter/Plymouth/East Anglia are like as cities/towns/whatever? I really want to study in a large city (or at least a decent sized place with things to do) + I really like the sound of their courses.
Original post by SteveCrain
If UKCAT is good: HYMS, Barts, Liverpool, Aberdeen
If UKCAT is bad: probably the same but sub in Bristol for Barts

Liverpool don't use UKCAT at all!
Reply 612
Original post by Harbour Seal
It was the "Pass the Bmat and UKCAT" book. I have also just looked at that paper and I still don't think it's that bad. :s-smilie: I am an idiot perhaps?

Pass the BMAT and UKCAT book is very easy... A lot easier than the actual test. I can tell you that out of my own experience,as I have had that book and I have also had both BMAT and UKCAT exams. BMAT is sooooooooo much harder than the sample papers in that book. So dont get fooled by it!
Reply 613
*subscribes* ahhh medicine... what have we all got ourselves into eh? :s-smilie: Good luck everyone!
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
@ rohitbd- yeah,medicine is based on so much more than gcses..yet..having good grades does help.. *shrugs*

who care im a doctor and they did not look at my results
Original post by atomos
Two months:eek: how did you live!

Free internet on the phone was a life saver, I had to resort to plain old solitare to procrastinate.
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Anyone know what Exeter/Plymouth/East Anglia are like as cities/towns/whatever? I really want to study in a large city (or at least a decent sized place with things to do) + I really like the sound of their courses.

I live right by Exeter, it's relatively small, but there is a fair bit packed in. Would depend on what you like doing as to whether you'd enjoy it there or not.
Original post by Normandy114
I live right by Exeter, it's relatively small, but there is a fair bit packed in. Would depend on what you like doing as to whether you'd enjoy it there or not.

Ah right, thanks. :smile: Exploring the city sounds like half the fun tbh so I'm not sure how I'd find Exeter.

Another question: do you know if there's much of a variety of people there? So, as a medical student, would there be an interesting range of things to see?

yes I know
Original post by navarre
Got my biology AQA EMPA this week, spent the day revising/looking at past papers/learning How science works questions.

But the questions they ask in their EMPA can be so ridiculous, and badly phrased.

I know what you mean, are you doing the real one and what topic is it? brings back memories this does

What do they use then? :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending