The Student Room Group

Does anyone feel like they'll never find someone good enough?

It's not about being big headed at all. It's a case of do you feel like you'll ever find anyone whose 'on your level', be it on intelligence, looks or personality terms.

Obviously ignore this thread if you're already in a relationship, as you'll more than likely be biased, or if you're with someone that you feel isn't mr/mrs right then sure, speak up.

I'm a little bit drunk and feel like starting a thread, and I've been thinking about this for a while earlier tonight and discussing it with several people.

I don't personally see myself meeting anyone in the near future that will meet my desires in many capacities. I really hope I'm wrong mind, maybe the town I live in is just too small.
Reply 1
Sadly, I think it could be true for me. Remember that no-one is perfect, though, and that life is all about compromises.
Somewhere there are girls that would think the exact same about you two, remember that.
Reply 3
Ive been single a year and a half now and dont feel like im gonna meet anyone ever again. Whats worse is that everyone i know, literally everyone, is getting new bf's/gf's and this summer i can just see everyone paired off and i'll be by myself at the bar :frown:
I think I'm more worried that nobody will ever think that I'm good enough for them. As pathetic as that sounds. It's been too long.
Reply 5
yes.
edit: so what. Berlusconi gets by...
I like to think that there is someone out there who is perfect for me. I don't see why I should ever settle for less than that. I enjoy my own company and don't see why I should sacrifice a significant chunk of my spare time for someone that doesn't do me justice.

I'm frustrated at a recent ex of mine who I feel sapped a ton of my valuable time from me without giving much in return. It's made me a little bit bitter if I'm honest, which I'm sure you can all by now tell heh.

I don't really know what I hope to achieve in this thread, I don't want it to be all negative, I suppose I was seeing if there are any similar opinions to mine out there. I do believe that there's a pefect match for everyone out there no matter who you are :smile:

Lexi99 - I'll see you at the bar, we can judge everyone and discuss why they'll never meet requirements ;-) boooyahhh
Reply 7
I'm sure I will, I think I've met girls who would be before. Whether I'll meet one who will think I am good enough though is another question entirely :p:.
Original post by twist.the.illusion
I think I'm more worried that nobody will ever think that I'm good enough for them. As pathetic as that sounds. It's been too long.

Aww don't be like that! Don't be afraid to be picky. Search beyond the front door, I can't bare how limited mine is, my town is full of horrific people, I've essentially given up hope round here. If you hold out long enough someone will pop up who you'd never expect and make the wait worth while :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by twist.the.illusion

Yea same. Its not that i dont want anyone else but they wont want me........... if i ever find them........... which i wont
I think the most worrying thing for me is I have met girls good enough but they've ended up with other people. Very frustrating and dispiriting.
It's like attack of the clones going out on the town. It really does scare me, I hate how blindsided everyone is. Why do girls continually dive at the average man? The girl has all the good looks and charm in the world, and still she throws herself at the nearest guy with a tacky enough shirt, blue jeans, black shoes, short back & sides and a platoon of morons surrounding him, goading him, degrading her behind her back, encouraging him to use her for sex and little more.

See it constantly everytime I turn around. Makes me sick, it devalue's humans everywhere.
Reply 12
Yes its definitely a huge concern for me. I'm 21 and still never had a boyfriend half because of how picky I am (theres only been 3 people I've wanted to date my whole life) and half because when I finally meet these people they dont want me back. Never have I had a mutual feeling for someone, its either me chasing a particular guy or someone who I dont even want to know as a friend chasing me. But never will I lower my standard. I prefer my own company to someone I'm not interested in's company.
I think its hard to meet someone who is on one's level in every aspect - intellectually, emotionally, physically, financially, humour-wise AND mostly importantly, are going in the same direction as you in life.....
My boyfriend is prob the closest i'll get to someone intellectually, emotionally, humour and physically, but financially, he has no job and i support him ALOT of the time, and lend him money. So, its hard that i have pretty much everything i want, but the fact we are financially on diff levels is very stressful on the rship....
Im 30 aswell, so i do believe you become more fussy as you get older, whereas when you are young, you know you have years to even think about meeting someone perfect...
Original post by masterofpuppets
Aww don't be like that! Don't be afraid to be picky. Search beyond the front door, I can't bare how limited mine is, my town is full of horrific people, I've essentially given up hope round here. If you hold out long enough someone will pop up who you'd never expect and make the wait worth while :smile:

Fingers crossed for us all huh? :smile:
Considering how many people feel this way, at least there's hope that there are potential partners out there. It's just waiting to bump into them.

I live in a crap heap of a town too! I'm counting down the days 'til I can get out and get to uni and meet a whole new bunch of people!
Yes I think about that a lot. I felt like my ex is absolutely perfect for me... :frown: You have no idea.
Reply 16
Yer, don't have problems getting a gf, but it's how i feel about the girls after being with them for a while, I don't think there's anyone out there i can stand for too long as a human, regardless of how attractive, intelligent or great she is
I doubt it, in all likelihood. The closest people who I've met personality-wise have all been men; as in, I've experienced similarities the most with other guys. With women, however, I feel as if I'm a billion miles away from every single one I've ever met. I'm confident there is a woman out there much like myself, though I've yet to ever hear or see her.

Though, saying that, it doesn't bother me. Perhaps in ten years, it'll bother me more, as I want to continue my legacy someday. Obviously though, I wouldn't want to do that with someone who was even 0.01% out of touch with my own being.
Reply 18
Original post by masterofpuppets
I like to think that there is someone out there who is perfect for me. I don't see why I should ever settle for less than that. I enjoy my own company and don't see why I should sacrifice a significant chunk of my spare time for someone that doesn't do me justice.

This is me. I'm not sure it's that I don't think there's anyone good enough for me exactly, it's more that I'd rather be on my own than settle. Because I actually don't care that much. And lots of my smug coupley friends or desperate single ones try to tell me 'oh, you really do care deep down', but actually I don't. I have a massive list of stuff I want, and a relationship is pretty far down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending