The Student Room Group

My best friend (male) acting weird lately

So basically my best friend (male) has been acting really weird lately. He keeps saying how I am beautiful all the time, and whenever he has a friend around he introduces me by saying and here’s the most beautiful girl in the world, and he keeps saying I love you. He’s never really said any of those things before, and I have no idea what’s going on in his mind, whether he’s just being a really nice as a friend. I don’t understand the change in behaviour all of a sudden..? Is this normal? Girls do any of your guy friends say this to you on a regular basis?
Reply 1
LOL ... Nah I don't think he's interested in you in that way .. Infact i think he finds you repulsive
Sounds like he fancies you. Just ask him what is going on.
Reply 3
He wants you. Sexually.
Surely you didn't need to make a thread to figure this one out?
Reply 5
Also he keeps reassuring that I'm his best friend so wtf.
Reply 6
He's probably trying to indicate that he likes you as more than a friend, through small, but rather obvious, hints.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Maybe he's gay?
Reply 8
OP read your post again. Just read it. How blatant can you get??
Reply 9
Original post by qasman
OP read your post again. Just read it. How blatant can you get??

Read my second post.
Reply 10
My best friend used to to do this, turned out he had a huge thing for me although I always interpreted it as him just throwing me a few compliments. So yeah, this guy clearly fancies you.
Reply 11
Isn't it rather obvious.... No offense. Did you create this just to get attention? Or because you don't know how to respond, but you do know he likes you?
Original post by Anonymous
Read my second post.

Maybe he wants friends with benefits or get rid of you.
Reply 13
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
Maybe he wants friends with benefits or get rid of you.

No strings attached? ..really? :shock:
with my bestf:unsure:
Nooo :colondollar:
Reply 14
Original post by tite23
Isn't it rather obvious.... No offense. Did you create this just to get attention? Or because you don't know how to respond, but you do know he likes you?

Oh please, if I wanted attention I'd probably post saying I was some flying pig or something...
He's got me confused because he says all those things, yet he still reassures that he's my best friend so I'm just like :confused::redface:
Original post by Anonymous
No strings attached? ..really? :shock:
with my bestf:unsure:
Nooo :colondollar:

You want it don't you. :wink:

On a serious note, you will never find out until you confront him and ask. I'm sure you know him for a long time now to be able to speak to him confidently.
Reply 16
I have a male best friend and if he said that stuff to me I'd be seriously concerned if it turned out he wasn't joking. You just don't act like that around your best friend. It's possible that he likes you as more than a friend, in which case you need to either let him down gently or go for it if you like him too. It's also possible that he may be trying to boost your self esteem. Did you maybe have a recent break up or something that he might be trying to make you feel better about?
Really, if you're as good friends as you think you are, you should be able to just ask him about it next time he does it.
Reply 17
Original post by MissCheese
I have a male best friend and if he said that stuff to me I'd be seriously concerned if it turned out he wasn't joking. You just don't act like that around your best friend. It's possible that he likes you as more than a friend, in which case you need to either let him down gently or go for it if you like him too. It's also possible that he may be trying to boost your self esteem. Did you maybe have a recent break up or something that he might be trying to make you feel better about?
Really, if you're as good friends as you think you are, you should be able to just ask him about it next time he does it.

Yeah I know, I find it really weird tbh, I know there nice compliments etc but still it's kinda freaking me out. I don't even like him that way at all, and no I havn't been through any sort of break up recently and I feel absolutley fine about myself so theres no particular reason why he could be saying to make me feel better. And even if he was, I find it a bit :lolwut: that he keeps saying it whenever he sees me...like constantly.
He wants to insert his PENIS into your VAGINA. Can't put it any simpler than that.
Reply 19
Are you dense?

He's holding a huge torch for you.

He keeps saying he's still your best friend because he's absolutely petrified you'll reject him completely and he'll lose you.

You need to either get together, or tell him to stop it because it sounds creepy as hell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending