The Student Room Group

Ever lost a friend because...

you lent them some money and thy couldn't ****ing pay back ?

Scroll to see replies

Couldn't or wouldn't?

Wouldn't I'd understand.

Couldn't... well then you're a bad human being and I hope you get probed by super intelligent extraterrestrial sentient life forms which keep you alive in a stasis for eternity.
Reply 2
Original post by wanderlust.xx
Couldn't or wouldn't?

Wouldn't I'd understand.

Couldn't... well then you're a bad human being and I hope you get probed by super intelligent extraterrestrial sentient life forms which keep you alive in a stasis for eternity.

"couldn't" cos they keep making excuses
Reply 3
How much and the reason behind why they didn't pay you back? If a friend of mine couldn't pay me back because he was in a lot of financial trouble then I could probably forgive them...why punish them?
Original post by wanderlust.xx
Couldn't or wouldn't?

Wouldn't I'd understand.

If he was in stasis, he wouldn't perceive that he was being kept alive, nor that it would be eternal.
Depends how much money.

0-£30- Oh well

£30+

Spoiler

Yeah I'm a cheapskate :u:
Original post by Anabolicminds

you lent them some money and thy couldn't ****ing pay back ?

Depends how much! :colone:
No, I would never trade friends with money. I lend my friends all the time and usually get it back whenever I see them. You can't do much about it if the person can't pay you back, it's either you lose a friend and expect not to get it back or stay friends and get it back in the future. It's a no-brainer to be honest.
Reply 8
No? They're my friend, and it's only money at the end of the day. I might get pissed off and have a serious talk with them if they had the money and lied about it or took absolutely ages to give it back, but their friendship is more important than some pieces of paper I might lend to them.
Reply 9
I tend to be quite a generous person, but I'll never lend someone enough that I couldn't afford to not be paid back. The most I've lent someone is about £200, and she hasn't paid it back, it was for rent and I know she's struggling to put food on the table at the moment so I dont begrudge it her.
Original post by onetwothree
I tend to be quite a generous person, but I'll never lend someone enough that I couldn't afford to not be paid back. The most I've lent someone is about £200, and she hasn't paid it back, it was for rent and I know she's struggling to put food on the table at the moment so I dont begrudge it her.

yeah but what if u need too ?

I mean u helped her when she needed it, so she should be able to do te same or just not borrow
yeah but what if u need too ?

I mean u helped her when she needed it, so she should be able to do te same or just not borrow

Im financially quite a bit more stable than her. She was in need and I was able to help. There's plenty of times she's helped me out - albeit not financially, but friendship is about give and take. its a sad world when money can ruin a friendship :frown:
Original post by onetwothree
Im financially quite a bit more stable than her. She was in need and I was able to help. There's plenty of times she's helped me out - albeit not financially, but friendship is about give and take. its a sad world when money can ruin a friendship :frown:

lol money runs evrything
lol money runs evrything

only if you let it!
No, I don't tend to lend my friends money, more give it to them if they need it (they usually give it back, but iI find this way doesn't tend to lead to arguments)
Reply 15
There is some things (friendship) money can't buy for everything else there is mastercard.
Reply 16
No, but my friend owes me £28, I've got another who owes my mom £100 (don't ask). I think the first one has actually forgotten, not really sure what to do about it though, I would feel bad\awquard telling her to pay me back. It's annoying but i've chosen to forget about it.
Reply 17
I have lent money out in the past to friends who needed it, and if I want it back they have generally been able to pay it on request however if they have not been able to afford it, they have paid me back in smaller installments.

My flat mate once owed me £70 not a massive amount but I was beginning to run out of money myself and they did not have the full £70 to give me back at once due to their own circumstances so they paid me back £10 - 15 per month. Took a little longer to get back but I got it.

Best thing for you to do is talk to the person in a reasonable way, explain you need the money as soon as possible and sort something out, there is no need to fall out of a civil thing. However if they refuse to pay you back all together then that is usually a sign of a bad friend.
Reply 18
You just reminded me my friend owes me 30 big ones.
Reply 19
lol money runs evrything

Lending money can be one of the best ways to determine how good a friend is. A good friend will not reduce contact with you and will pay you back ASAP. The others become acquaintances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending